3D Animation Generalist
WHO WE ARE: Grover Gaming, headquartered in Greenville, North Carolina, is a software design and development company that specializes in electronic gaming throughout the United States and Canada. Having more than 250 employees located in seven states, we are working every day toward building a strong foundation of humble, passionate people, effective processes, and superior products. Our dedication to customer service, adaptability, and a diverse range of products has solidified our position as a global leader in the electronic gaming industry, leading to our second year on Inc. Magazine’s list of fastest growing companies in 2020 at #194. Grover Gaming strives to support local communities and has helped raise over $225 Million for charities through its partnerships in charitable gaming markets.
SUMMARY: The ideal candidate has experience animating characters and assets in a fun stylized approach. A solid grasp of animation principles demonstrated across both character and motion graphics animation is essential. You will work across all aspects of a game's life cycle, owning the responsibility of animation through pre-production to the final milestone. Blending artistic expertise and technical ability, you will bring visually stimulating content to life that will enhance game play-ability and showcase original experiences to a wide player audience.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Understand company Mission, Vision, and Values and be an ambassador of MVV.
- Collaborating effectively with artists and programmers to create high quality, stylized 3d character animations for games produced by the team
- Rigging and weight painting the prepared 3d characters for animation
- Animating real time popups/motion graphics in 3d space to be used in Unity3D
- Assist in creating entertaining Unity3D transitions to and from game features
- Creating high quality animations of characters or key art assets specifically for marketing promos and sizzle reel videos
- Working with the art team to create dynamic and engaging particle systems in Unity’s Shuriken Particle Editor
- A strong portfolio demonstrating understanding of animation principles as they apply to a variety of stylized 3D characters
- Art degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- 1-2 years prior experience in a related position
- Experience developing motion graphics elements for any type of media
- Experience in using the Unity3D engine (importing assets, animation editor, shuriken particle system)
- Competency in both Photoshop and After Effects
- Work experience in mobile or casino gaming industries
- Familiarity with VFX pipelines in games
- Knowledge of Unity 3D particle systems
- Autodesk Maya
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Unity 3D
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The usual work environment is typical of an office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate with no material or weather-related hazards except those associated with travel.
This Job Description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing Company objectives. The description incorporates the most typical duties performed and covers only the primary functions and responsibilities of the position. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed. The inclusion of those duties would not alter the overall evaluation of this position.