Account Executive, Mobile Gaming
Ready to re-write the rules of modern advertising?
Roku Is Changing How The World Watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you’ll make a valuable — and valued — contribution. We’re a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.
About The Role
The world is cutting the cord and streaming its TV online, a shift that has dramatically changed how advertisers target, reach and measure their preferred audiences in ways that broadcast TV and cable never could. In this new world, Roku has re-written the rules of modern advertising, and we need great Account Executives who can partner with brands and show them how to best leverage this new advertising platform.
We are searching for an Account Executive focused on the mobile gaming vertical within the performance sales team. Leveraging Roku’s industry leading omni-channel buying platform, OneView, you will work closely with clients to align and work towards their performance KPIs. Digital Media and Performance Sales experience are required. Familiarity with self-service platforms/ programmatic advertising and experience calling on mobile gaming clients is preferred.
The Ideal candidate has worked in digital media, thrives on solving new problems, and helps build and define product solutions. Communicating and collaborating effectively with internal account, analytics, and technical teams are a key to success for this position.
This is a crucial hire for Roku and an incredible opportunity for the right candidate looking to advance their career with a market leader in an exploding category.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Develop and maintain strong active relationships with key client stakeholders at both senior and mid-management levels.
- Work with clients to understand and achieve core performance KPIs. Grow advertiser spending and relationships through constant dialog and optimization towards goals.
- Collaborate closely with Roku account management, internal analytics teams, and technical teams to work towards achieving customer objectives.
- Understand agency, advertiser, data and vendor landscapes and trends.
- Understand and effectively communicate Roku’s value proposition to bring programmatic in-house and key differentiators in our market.
- Plan, direct and coordinate sales activities, including management of the sales pipeline.
- Ensure all targeted prospect/client contacts and engagement opportunities are recorded and accurately forecasted on a weekly basis.
- Regularly involved in all phases of the sales sale’s lifecycle including identifying and developing leads; meeting with clients; developing value propositions; financial deal structuring; contract negotiation and closing.
- Collaborate and communicate with the account management team to ensure clients are getting the training & education they need to be successful within a Self-service platform.
You’ll have the ability to
- Work across internal and external parties to sell and execute campaigns
- Understand the dynamics of the OTT/Mobile/OLV/Display space and how Roku advertising solutions drive business goals for advertisers
- Host weekly or biweekly sales calls with stakeholders at the agency
- Understand the digital advertising landscape and industry trends and apply a Roku POV for the organization
- Demo our Self-service platform and become an expert on programmatic advertising
- Able to understand the TV and digital marketing landscape
We’re excited if you have
- At least 3-5+ years of sales experience, focused on media and technology
- Demonstrate a successful track record in closing hunting net new business
- Demonstrate an ability to create relationships with internal collaborators across teams
The Roku culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company’s success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We’re independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you’ll be part of a company that’s changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn’t real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.