Advanced Game Designer
About the job
Scientific Games (SG) is a global leader focused on delivering an ever-expanding portfolio of lottery and gaming products and services to the world's government-regulated and government-sponsored entities. Scientific Games' global reach is made possible through the expertise, skill and dedicated efforts of its 8,000+ employees who serve lottery and gaming customers in more than 100+ countries on 6 continents.
Are you ready to level up your career?
At Scientific Games, we are committed to making the best games, platforms and systems in the world. We are looking for smart, passionate and creative people to join our team and help us transform the gaming world. We are a global, industry-leading gaming technology company that embraces challenge, fosters an inclusive culture, values integrity, innovation and winning, and is committed to developing and supporting its people.
Whether you are a member of our award winning game studios, our industry leading systems group, product management, manufacturing group, services or any of our other amazing Gaming teams, you will be creating compelling games played around the world. We are dedicated to being the industry’s only COMPLETE global solutions provider with products that will enhance the entire gaming operation, both on the casino floor and behind the scenes.
If you are ready to play…Come join us and let’s make games!
Scientific Games is seeking a creative, detail oriented and forward thinking Advanced Game Designer to join our new studio in Las Vegas, Nevada!
Leveraging your creativity and your passion for playing and making successful games, you will design top of the line games by creating fun characters, building dynamic worlds, and telling captivating stories. In collaboration with the Art Director, Mathematicians, and the Game Design Team you will conceptualize, storyboard, prototype and ultimately create high quality final game designs to help keep Scientific Games positioned as a leader in the gaming industry.
- Create unique, focused, and strategic game design
- Provide creative solutions to game design problems
- Ensure quality is kept high throughout the game development pipeline
- Support engineering and Art/Animation development by updating and modifying game design and chorography to meet quality requirements
- Analyze market trends
- At least 8 years of game design or related experience
- Possess a master’s degree or equivalent work-related experience
- Must be able to obtain a Nevada Gaming License
Preferred Qualifications & Key Traits
- Knowledge and experience with various game development pipelines & methodologies
- Leadership experience for teams developing products is highly preferred
- Knowledge about slot games and the casino industry, including the current market landscape
- Experience working with multiple disciplines, including artists, mathematicians, software developers, etc. in creating games or products
- Possess a strong understanding of game design history
- Ability to work collaboratively with speed and agility
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and changing environment
SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law , please click here for EEOC Poster .