Americas Business Lead: Gaming Industry Vertical
About the job
Gaming at Microsoft is on a mission to unite the world with amazing gaming experiences!
The game industry, the fastest growing sector of the entertainment industry, is being heavily disrupted by cloud technology. Virtually all game developers are evolving to deliver Games-as-a-Service, centered on continuous content delivery and player engagement, and require accelerated production environments, agile back-end infrastructure, and live ops services. The nature of game creation is also expanding to include “citizen creators”, with a greater focus on community and user generated content.
Microsoft is uniquely positioned to lead this transformation to cloud-based gaming, thanks to assets like our first party studios (Halo, Minecraft), our Xbox gaming platform, and Azure, the fastest-growing business in Microsoft’s history.
The Gaming Industry Vertical team leads Microsoft’s business selling tools and services to game creators. Part of the Gaming Ecosystem Organization (GEO), GIV contributes to this purpose by empowering game creators to conceive, build, launch, and manage their games using any and all of Microsoft’s software and services, from Azure to Xbox.
GIV has a startup culture which dreams big, moves fast, and works directly with creators. Its aspiration is nothing short of delivering the world’s best cloud platform for game developers across the entire gaming life cycle, from development, to testing and deployment, to ongoing operation and monetization. #GEOjobs
The Americas (US, Canada, LATAM) is one of the most exciting and highest potential regions for the Gaming industry vertical, and Microsoft is committed to invest in growing our presence and resourcing on the ground to empower the Americas game creator community, with a particular focus on the United States ecosystem given its industry impact across the globe.
The Americas Business Lead for the Gaming Vertical will lead all commercial activity for the gaming vertical in the region, aligning and accelerating our efforts to ensure aggressive growth targets for the region are reached, working in partnership with our Commercial Field teams, Xbox Account teams and other global organizations supporting the industry vertical execution.
This is a senior role. The Americas Business Lead will be a member of the gaming vertical leadership team and be closely connected with the Commercial Field leadership in the region, working to bridge these two organizations for maximum impact.
In This Role You Will
To be successful, you will be a natural sales leader who takes great pleasure in leading multidisciplinary teams to strategize and land key deals, grow adoption at scale, and engage early-on with the next generation of game creators, bringing together a deep passion and insight for this industry and market.
- Have direct oversight and accountability for activities of Microsoft’s global sales and marketing organization in Americas focused on Gaming, to ensure we meet and exceed revenue targets for Americas and directly accelerate growth.
- Help architect big deals; connect with customers, orchestrate the cross-org vteam and consult with field to tighten our pitch and lock down terms.
- Participate in the annual forecasting process.
- Identify and engage key accounts in the region that we should target (that may not yet be on our radar).
- Maintain and track the deal pipeline from Americas.
- Lead account planning for strategic and top game accounts, leveraging a broad array of resources from across Microsoft.
- Serve as the primary interface with Business Desk to drive commercial terms for key deals and facilitate deal reviews. Help bridge gaps that may arise due to the differences between game studios and traditional enterprise accounts.
- Work with regional leadership to guide investment and local staffing for gaming.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in business, computer science, or a related field.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in sales, ideally with experience selling at all levels, from small and medium size organizations up to large multinationals.
- Prior experience selling to game studios is preferred; prior experience selling cloud services is also preferred.
- Prior experience working in business roles directly connected to the Americas game creator industry is required.
- Ability to work independently in highly ambiguous environments, with both technical and business groups internally and externally. Self motivating, and self directed.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills with a focus on tangible, measurable results
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.