Analyst - Revenue Intelligence
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $86 billion last year to $161 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SKLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of San Francisco Business Times’ Best Places to Work, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, Parity.org’s Best Companies for Women to Advance, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
What We’re Looking For
Analytics professionals focused on Revenue Intelligence at Skillz work on a wide variety of questions and issues. You will work in domains such as:
- Designing and building new tooling and dashboarding to better understand our player base
- Running and analyzing impactful A/B experiments to optimize the user experience
- Assessing and improving system performance and player engagement to support revenue health
- Driving improvements in internal data processes and systems to enable the company to scale
Regardless of the project, you will function as a data-driven decision maker and deliver recommendations to drive Skillz forward.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Support highly visible data & strategy projects, collaborating cross-functionally to structure problems, understand opportunities, and develop solutions
- Support our understanding of customer behaviors and life cycles, such as user engagement, conversion, and churn
- Work with internal data engineering team to automate model implementation
- Design, develop, and share reports and dashboards used by the entire company every day
- Use storytelling skills to persuasively communicate your recommendations to senior executives and other stakeholders
- 2+ years experience
- Inquisitive mindset with a Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, engineering, computer science, or mathematics preferred
- Professional experience using data visualization platforms, SQL, and connecting data insights to strategy
- Prior roles in data science, business intelligence, or strategy & insights function preferred
- Experience working on cross-functional initiatives that require significant collaboration between different departments, including both technical and business teams
- Ability to solve unstructured problems independently by developing and applying appropriate frameworks or techniques
- Honesty in developing and sharing insights gained from our user data