WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world’s best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
The creative team that brought Mortal Kombat and Injustice to life is now NetherRealm Studios, part of the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment family. With over 20 years of creation under our belts, NetherRealm’s mission remains the same: to create cutting edge entertainment and deliver industry leading tech, game art and overall gaming experiences. NetherRealm Studios is a collaborative and creative environment, constantly striving to up the ante on what is possible in interactive entertainment. Our team is comprised of dedicated professionals with years of experience who are at the forefront of the gaming industry. The passion and energy that made Mortal Kombat a reality is still on display every day in our offices, our hallways and most definitely the studio’s arcade room.
Join us. Shape your story here.
NetherRealm Studios, a division of WB Games Inc., seeks a UI Artist to work with the Mobile team to create and maintain high quality assets for Mobile Gaming. The UI Artist is responsible for visual design and implementation that adheres to a cohesive style guide and maintains consistency throughout visual elements and behaviors. The candidate will work with a variety of team members to design, create, implement and optimize UI assets for Mobile game titles. They are responsible for maintaining high visual fidelity, competitive aesthetics, and presenting game information in a clear and understandable manner. The UI Artist must be able to work with industry standard tool sets and software to ensure a high level of fit and finish to all UI elements.
Every day you will be working with the UI/UX Lead and UI artists along with UX Design, Game Design, Production, Developer, and Product teams to deliver the best quality UI work possible. The day-to-day entails designing the initial visual and UI of a screen; then implementing them into our product with the developers. You will also help maintain the product after launch, adding new features and quality of life improvements for the user.
- Creation and implementation of game screens in UE4 (ex. Importing and implementing UI assets, working with textures and blueprints
- Design and create UI components (ex. menus, stats and inventory screens, in-game HUD elements, etc.) from Visual Comps to completed Features.
- Add motion to interactions and creating prototypes
- Collaborate with UX designer to determine functionality and usability requirements
- Collaborate and communicate with art directors, UX designer, game designers, producers & programmers in the creation and implementation of the game UI.
- 2 – 3 years professional experience designing for games
- Experience creating assets and styles for User Interfaces on at least one published game, mobile preferred
- Strong knowledge of user interface design and the ability to generate design ideas
- Degree in Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Interactive Media or equivalent work experience as a User Interface artist in games
The Nice to Haves
- UE4 knowledge such as implementing assets, blueprints, materials and animation
- Knowledge of Adobe suite, Unreal Engine 4, Adobe XD, prototyping tools, or similar products.
- Awareness of current trends in user interface art for games
- Strong visual design and illustration skills
- Knowledge of UX Design and/or User Centered Design process
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.