Associate 3D Artist, Characters
WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world’s best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
The creative team that brought Mortal Kombat and Injustice to life is now NetherRealm Studios, part of the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment family. With over 20 years of creation under our belts, NetherRealm’s mission remains the same: to create cutting edge entertainment and deliver industry leading tech, game art and overall gaming experiences. NetherRealm Studios is a collaborative and creative environment, constantly striving to up the ante on what is possible in interactive entertainment. Our team is comprised of dedicated professionals with years of experience who are at the forefront of the gaming industry. The passion and energy that made Mortal Kombat a reality is still on display every day in our offices, our hallways and most definitely the studio’s arcade room.
Join us. Shape your story here.
NetherRealm Studios seeks an Associate Character Artist to work with the Character Art Lead, Senior Character Artists, Concept Artists, and Technical Artists to create high quality character models and materials (textures), including in-game and cinematic assets.
- Create high quality character models and materials (textures), including in-game and cinematic assets.
- Review work from external partners and provide feedback.
- Work closely with diverse teams consisting of technical artists, artists, designers, and engineers.
- Work with Technical Artists to create and improve tools and workflows.
- Participate in asset reviews.
- Skilled in industry standard software like Maya, ZBrush, Substance Painter/Designer and Photoshop.
- Demonstrate an understanding of human anatomy, clothing construction (wrinkle behavior), proportion, silhouette, and topology, and how it relates to rendering and deformation.
- Knowledge of the latest industry-standard tools, workflows, and techniques including physically based rendering, or hair grooming.
- Good communication, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills
The Nice to Haves
- Experience capturing and working with facial, body, and material scan data.
- Experience working with large remote teams (outsourcing).
- Experience working with Unreal Engine.
- Passion for making and playing games.
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.