Associate Animator - Test
Calling all Outsourcing Animators! Insomniac Games is looking for an Associate Animator that is passionate about outsourcing who would be responsible for integrating outsource animation assets to embellish the exciting worlds we create. If this is of interest to you – keep reading!
Essential Duties And Responsibilities Include The Following
- Creates high quality gameplay and vignette animations using motion capture data and hand key animation.
- Assists lead with outsource scene assembly, status tracking, review of outsource deliveries, troubleshooting and integration of assets into the game.
- Ability to manipulate motion capture data within Maya to achieve desired performance while maintaining the integrity of the base mocap data.
- Successfully implements animations using all the necessary tools including proprietary software.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Associate degree (A.A.) from a two-year college or technical school; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience, covering all basic animation principles and techniques.
- At least one years’ experience working with motion capture to create in-game and cinematic performances that go beyond the underlying motion capture and exude personality.
- Knowledge of Maya, and common production programs.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Motion Builder is a plus.
- Proficiency in and Adobe Premiere as well as working with sound and music is a plus. Knowledge of common state machine flow in any game engine is preferred.
Other Skills: Demonstrated understanding of basic animation principles including squash and stretch, timing and motion, anticipation, staging, weight, and appeal. A fundamental understanding of creating animation content for video games. Works well in a highly collaborative environment with other animators, designers, and programmers, as well as the ability to communicate effectively and take direction well
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, we look forward to hearing from you. Please use the link below and apply and be sure to include your updated reel! Thanks!