Associate Brand Manager, Overwatch
Associate Brand Manager, Overwatch
Blizzard Entertainment games don’t just begin with game ideas, or end once those games are released. A lot more goes into the creation of a Blizzard product than the work of developers—and we support our games for years after they’re in the hands of gamers worldwide.
We’re looking for a passionate and experienced marketer to join the global publishing team for one of the most iconic franchises in gaming- Overwatch. The ideal Associate Brand Manager applicant possesses not only a deep understanding of marketing strategy and branding, but also a keen appreciation for the roles Community, PR, Web, Creative, and of course, the Game Developers play in creating outstanding publishing moments for the present and future of the franchise. This role requires an individual who is focused, driven, diplomatic and creative, with a strong passion for gaming. This person will be responsible for a wide range of brand development activities, including supporting the Global Brand manager and the publishing team on go-to-market strategic planning and execution. Overwatch’s heroes hail from all over the world, and the ideal applicant will take a proactive approach to engage, collaborate with, and empower both regional and cross-functional teams. Overwatch’s heroes hail from all over the world, and the ideal applicant will take a proactive approach to engage, collaborate with, and empower both regional and cross-functional teams
As an Associate Brand Manager, you will be responsible for a wide range of brand development activities, including supporting the Global Brand manager and the publishing team on go-to-market strategic planning and execution.
In This Role, You Will Do The Following
- Work closely with larger brand management team, cross-functional teams and Overwatch game development team and contribute to the creation of holistic franchise quarterly and monthly go-to-market plans, taking into consideration competitive positioning and brand/consumer insights
- Support and lead the campaign briefing process with various stakeholders, including international regions and internal cross-functional teams
- Lead workstreams to ensure optimal execution and amplification of key brand activations to drive franchise growth
- Main point of contact across key cross-functional teams including regional publishing teams, brand partnership teams, consumer marketing, 1st party partners, amongst others
- Manage brand performance by closely monitoring and tracking KPI’s specific to the Overwatch franchise and tied to growth initiatives, sales, engagement, and sentiment
- Oversee and maintain the Overwatch budget to ensure smooth processes and execution of plans across regions and cross-functional teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing, or a minimum of 5 years of prior experience in marketing major consumer brands
- Outstanding analytical capabilities with the ability to synthesize data and draw conclusions and recommendations
- Experience developing marketing plans and business strategy
- Thrives on building relationships in a cross-functional environment
- Able to manage and drive multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and oral business communications skills
- Advanced proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel
- Knowledge of the gaming industry
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration
- Direct experience marketing video games or other entertainment media
- International experience
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences.