Associate Digital Commercial Marketing Manager
Associate Digital Commercial Marketing Manager
Job Title: Associate Digital Commercial Marketing Manager, Call of Duty & Blizzard
Reports To: Digital Commercial Marketing Manager
Department: Commercial Marketing
Location: Santa Monica, CA
The Associate Digital Commercial Marketing Manager will work closely with the Digital Commercial Marketing Manager and the full digital commerce teams in building global paid media strategies & plans to drive digital awareness & conversion across all Activision titles. The ideal candidate will be a clear, confident communicator with a passion for delivering flawless marketing executions and a curiosity to consistently optimize our approach and tactics by using the data at hand. In this position, the candidate will work alongside the Digital Commercial Marketing Manager in driving discussions with PlayStation Store & Xbox Store ad sales teams to secure premium paid console media placements and ensure strong paid support for new digital game releases, in-game live events/updates, and digital catalog promotions. The right candidate will have digital marketing and media experience, and be detail-oriented, with the ability to focus on driving the execution of digital commerce media/marketing strategies and promotional activities. They will assist in driving the development and execution of our global go to market plans for Call of Duty and other Activision/Blizzard titles. The role also requires financial acumen to manage and report on the allocated console spending budget by title by quarter.
- Campaign Planning & Execution
- Work with the Digital Commercial Marketing Manager to lead title-specific commercial strategies, plans and budgets that encompass the lifecycle of a title -- pre-sell, launch and momentum
- Brief external first party console teams on title specific media campaigns, including strategic approach, budget, and targeting parameters
- Digital Store Marketing (DSM) plans cover paid digital console store media (PlayStation Store & Xbox Store)
- Partner with internal cross functional teams to communicate creative requirements and ensure on-time asset trafficking and builds, including multiple specs and localization (as required)
- Communicate ad sales policy changes to digital commerce team to ensure we can communicate any challenges or issues to store & platform contacts
- Work with external console teams to advance each platforms’ reporting capabilities to better understand performance and to ensure the timely and accurate delivery of weekly reporting for each beat
- Working with Digital Commercial Marketing Manager, this position will be integral to understanding campaign performance, particularly in driving ROAS (return on advertising spend)
- Work closely with the Digital Commercial Marketing Manager to identify trends and strategies for digital console paid placements, including targeting, creative rotation and estimated spend
- Maintain up to date console media tracking calendar
- Assist in the building of Go-To-Market and investment decks, highlighting key learnings, performance, and recommendations that shape current plans/strategies
- Budget Planning and Forecasting
- Track and manage global budgets by beat, communicating any changes needed in a timely manner
- Ensure all Insertion Orders are routed through internal processes and completed within designated time
- Bachelor’s degree required in Marketing, Sales, Business; MBA or equivalent work experience preferred
- 3+ years of Digital/Channel/Agency Marketing experience at leading consumer packaged goods or entertainment software company strongly desired
- Exceptional presentation skills across varying audience from internal teams to Senior Leaders and Retail Customers
- Interest in video games and interactive entertainment industry preferred
- The ideal individual should be extremely organized and detail-oriented with solid Project Management abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint
We’re headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), headquartered in Santa Monica, California with locations across the globe, is one of the largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies in the world. Sitting at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment, our employees are some of the best and brightest across engineering, entertainment, media, and technology. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™, and Bubble Witch™ and our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users across the globe.
A member of the S&P 500 Activision Blizzard is proud to be included as one of FORTUNE's "100 Best Companies To Work For®," "World's Best Employers," as well as "Most Admired Companies." In 2019 we were honored to receive a perfect score on our entry to the Corporate Equality Index as a Best Workplace for LGBTQ professionals and once again made Fast Company's World's Most Innovative Companies in Gaming.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision Blizzard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.