Netmarble US is one of the world’s fastest growing mobile game companies and consistently ranks as a top mobile developer and publisher worldwide. Our hit releases include MARVEL Future Revolution, BTS WORLD, and The Seven Deadly Sins: Grand Cross.
Our LQA team gets our games ready for prime time. As an editor, you’ll be responsible for polishing in-game text, writing dialogue for characters from major IPs, and testing upcoming releases to make certain they’re perfect. The ideal candidate is a sharp writer with a passion for gaming, someone who can balance brevity with intrigue to create compelling dialog and who is also confident editing status effects, skill descriptions, and tool tips.
Netmarble US is devoted to having a lineup of the best localized mobile games in the industry. Not only does the English need to be perfect, it needs to look like the game was developed in English.
- Take ownership over the in-game text of multiple games.
- Edit text to improve clarity and strengthen character voices.
- Collaborate closely with the rest of Netmarble's Localization division.
- Maintain project documentation and serve as a point of contact for other teams as needed.
- Run LQA testing rounds to ensure the quality of the final localized product.
- An all-around strong writer, from dialogue to tutorials, flavor text, and character bios.
- Excellent knowledge of English spelling, grammar, etc.
- Familiarity with games and the terminology used in them.
- Able to conduct testing rounds and clearly document issues.
- Comfortable working independently.
- Previous localization experience.
- Previous mobile games experience.
- Previous experience with CAT tool software such as MemoQ.
- Working knowledge of Google Workspace, JIRA, and Confluence.
- Fan of geek culture – Fantasy, sci-fi, comics, tabletop gaming, fandom hobbies, etc.
- Previous experience editing Korean-to-English translations.
- Performance Based Annual Incentives
- 401K Retirement Plan
- 100% Covered Medical / Dental / Vision / Life Insurance
- Available Accident, Disability, and Pet Insurance
- Flexible Work Hours
- Paid Half Day Fridays
- Paid Vacation / Sick Leave / Holidays / Christmas Break
- Commuter Benefits & Free Parking [when not remote]
- Gym Access [when not remote]
- Free Meals & Snacks [when not remote]