Associate Product Manager
Pocket Gems seeks to build the greatest mobile games and most compelling interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with, in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009, and it continues to inspire us today. Since then, we’ve grown to over 200 people headquartered in San Francisco, and with $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground in mobile entertainment.
Our products have been downloaded over 500 million times by players around the world and have grossed over $1 billion in revenue. We continue to release brand new content for Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As our community of players continues to grow, we’re committed to building diverse and inclusive environments across our teams, and in our games.
As an Associate Product Manager at Pocket Gems, you'll work to improve our games throughout the product life-cycle, from initial concept through development to release, and help champion a great experience for millions of live players around the world!
What We’ve Accomplished
- Since our founders began in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009, we’ve grown to over 200 people in San Francisco, and with $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground in mobile entertainment.
- Our products have been downloaded over 325 million times by players around the world.
- We’ve developed and launched Episode and grew it to a top 10 grossing app, creating a brand new “interactive story” category in mobile games.
- We’ve developed and launched War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
What You’ll Do
- Combine creativity with business impact via your work on the product development, strategic vision, and business operations of top free-to-play mobile games
- Work in an entrepreneurial environment with a world-class team of UX and Game Designers, Engineers and fellow Product Managers to:
- Design: Write clear and concise feature specifications that seek to connect product changes back to player-facing problems and business impact
- Build: Wireframe and project manage new features as part of an agile software development process
- Test: Set and analyze success metrics for product health, and rigorously test and optimize for them over time to deliver business results
- Coordinate and collaborate with the Art, Marketing, Player Experience and Content teams to create engaging, diverse, inclusive, and valuable content for our player community
What You Bring To The Product Team
- Education: Bachelor's degree required, with a preference for quantitative disciplines (Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Econ, etc.).
- Experience: 2 or more years, with a preference for at at least 1 of the following areas
- Online/mobile experience with a technology company
- Strategy/Management Consulting or Finance
- Ability to take initiative and produce results with an exceptional design mentality and passion for the entertainment or games industry
- Ability to apply quantitative analyses, and refine hypotheses/models by digging into user data
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a talented team on complex projects balancing multiple stakeholders, resource constraints and deadlines
Extra Gems For
- Previous product, mobile, or gaming industry experience
Read more about what we’ve been up to!
- Pocket Gems Blog
At Pocket Gems, we're building teams that value originality, inclusivity, and accountability -- and we hope to engage with talent based on these and other core values. We also offer competitive perks, such as flexible vacation, 401k matching, and a generous benefits package,
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.