Associate Product Systems Engineer
Are you ready to level up your career?
At Scientific Games, we are committed to making the best games, platforms and systems in the world. We are looking for smart, passionate and creative people to join our team and help us transform the gaming world. We are a global, industry-leading gaming technology company that embraces challenge, fosters an inclusive culture, values integrity, innovation and winning, and is committed to developing and supporting its people.
Whether you are a member of our award winning game studios, our industry leading systems group, product management, manufacturing group, services or any of our other amazing Gaming teams, you will be creating compelling games played around the world. We are dedicated to being the industry’s only COMPLETE global solutions provider with products that will enhance the entire gaming operation, both on the casino floor and behind the scenes.
If you are ready to play…Come join us and let’s make games!
Scientific Games (SG) is a global leader focused on delivering an ever-expanding portfolio of lottery and gaming products and services to the world's government-regulated and government-sponsored entities. Scientific Games' global reach is made possible through the expertise, skill and dedicated efforts of its 8,000+ employees who serve lottery and gaming customers in more than 100+ countries on 6 continents.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide technical expertise and 24x7 (including weekends & holidays) On Call support for the NOC Systems.
- Function as a technical resource for local and remote NOC Operations.
- Perform all system administration tasks including the insurance of all SOX and Regulatory compliance requirements.
- Develop and enhance troubleshooting procedures for junior team members
- Responsible for cross-training activities including but not limited to accepting front line support requests via phone and email to resolve, route and dispatch Field Service.
- Manage uptime availability to 99% for company-critical systems.
- Manage and review daily system checks and system status reporting.
- Provide out of office coverage for the NOC Operations Supervisor/Manager
- Operates, monitors, and controls windows based computers and related peripheral equipment using established procedures.
- Monitors console or terminal, storage devices and printers, repairs issues and reports problems or variances.
- Reconfigure system components when individual units fail.
- Respond to inquiries and requests for assistance from Gaming Industry customers.
- Coordinate with other departments to troubleshoot and resolve incidents.
- Use experience and decision trees to analyze, diagnosis, and troubleshoot computer and customer issues.
- Resolve issues via phone, e-mail and remote access to computer systems.
- Determine priority of incidents based on impact and severity of the issue and utilize the trouble reporting system to record faults and to dispatch technicians
- Provide in depth LAN/WAN support
- Perform hands on problem determination and report break fix issues to vendor/carrier or service technicians.
- Perform notification and escalation procedures for major issues and critical events
- Perform network configuration commands to identify, isolate and correct faults
- Implement network configuration changes as needed
Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 8 years in a technical support role.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience directly managing and maintaining network configuration and communication capability.
- Microsoft MCP or progress toward a certification desired
- 5+ years of experience working in a gaming support/IT support environment
- Proven proficiency in troubleshooting network issues
- Experience managing Virtual Machines (VMWare)
- Experience in SQL Server desired
- Windows Operating system level knowledge and experience required.
- Cisco IOS and network routing knowledge required.
- Valid gaming card and/or the ability to obtain required jurisdictional licenses.
- Must be at least 21 years of age, as required by law.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Adheres to department and company safety/security policies, procedures and protocols.
- Ability to support and resolve level I and level II computer support issues
- Working knowledge of WAN/LAN networking concepts and troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of Windows desktop and server Operating systems
- Ability to troubleshoot computer issues using Microsoft tools and logs
- Experience with RDP or other remote desktop support software
- Experience with Virtual machine environments and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of Cisco routing and switching environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft MSMQ and SQL Server
- Understanding of Microsoft DNS/DHCP servers and operations
- Ability to work well independently, and as a member of a team
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high volume environment.
- Ability to work under general supervision
- Ability to prioritize, think proactively, address multiple responsibilities and work under pressure.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication, verbal and written skills.
- Ability to maintain excellent relations with internal and external customers via phone, email and in person.
- Ability to build positive interpersonal relationships and contribute as a member of the team.
- Ability to show flexibility in an ever changing environment and acknowledging urgency when necessary.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion in confidential matters.
- Ability to travel when required
Must be able to obtain required regulatory gaming cards and licensing upon employment. A security investigation will be conducted. A drug test will be required before employment.
While performing job duties, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, use hands, operate a computer, and have specific vision abilities to include close and distance vision as well as the ability to adjust focus working with computer and business equipment.
Scientific Games Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, “SG”) are engaged in highly regulated gaming and lottery businesses. As a result, certain SG employees may, among other things, be required to obtain a gaming or other license(s), undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts. In order to ensure SG complies with its regulatory and contractual commitments, as a condition to hiring and continuing to employ its employees, SG requires all of its employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles. As a prerequisite to employment with SG (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SG conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law , please click here for EEOC Poster .