Associate Specialist, Publishing Operations
Associate Specialist, Publishing Operations
Job Title: Associate Specialist, Publishing Operations
Reporting To: Manager, Publishing Operations
Department: Publishing Operations
Location: Santa Monica, CA
The Publishing Operations Associate Specialist is primarily responsible for providing technical and logistical support for various production & marketing tasks. The responsibilities for this role primarily include (but are not limited to): financial tracking and managing the marketing & production budgets, managing expense payments, forecasting, liaising with the various teams to provide real-time views of financial outlook, support analysis for bi-quarterly forecasting and planning, quarterly close, and annual operating plan creation and budgeting. Coordinating with the experiential team on all game demo events from planning to execution. Meets credits, fonts & ratings deadlines by working closing with departments for upcoming title release windows. Manages the art portfolio process to ensure all submissions are being reviewed and approved by legal.
- Interact with functional teams to understand and track their spending.
- Analyze current/future spending -- comparing to forecast and prior year spending.
- Identifying financial risks/opportunities and relaying that information to the functional teams so adjustments can be made.
- Work with the Finance team to inform the larger financial picture for product P&Ls.
- Assist with annual operating plans – providing insights to historical cost drivers and expenditures.
- Develop payment, accrual, and forecasting reports during quarter close to identify and explain variances to previous forecasts.
- Prepare and process Journal Entries and Accruals to ensure quarterly expenses are accurately captured during quarter close.
- Processing of purchase order requests (PORs) & Contract Request Forms (CRFs).
- Support in the technical and logistical support for global trade shows, conferences, demos as well as eSports, PR, and review events.
- Maintain the capture systems, external hard drives, and various game consoles/dev-kits.
- Submit font request submissions to ensure fonts are approved and used per game title.
- Support in the submission of games to various international ratings agencies.
- Maintain current game credits listings.
- Support in creating and editing game manuals including writing, coordination of localization, and approvals.
- Support in miscellaneous tasks related to process improvement.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- 1+ years of relevant experience desired.
- Bachelor of Science or Arts in finance or related field preferred.
- Prior work experience in corporate finance or in related role preferred.
- Demonstrates high level of attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Experience liaising with cross functional departments.
- Strong project and time management skills required. Should be comfortable working on several projects simultaneously and have the flexibility to prioritize based on the needs of the business
- Knowledge with Excel required. Experience with Oracle, iprocurement and Hyperion a plus, but not required.
- Organized, proactive, and accountable.
- AV and IT experience is a plus.
- Experience in public speaking is a plus.
- Willingness to travel and/or coordinate representation.
- Prior work experience in events
- Gaming enthusiast and/or gamer is a plus.
We’re headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is the world’s largest interactive entertainment company, with operations across North America, Europe, and Asia. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, Destiny, Skylanders®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™, and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
We’re proud to be recognized as one of FORTUNE’s "100 Best Companies To Work For®” for four consecutive years and have earned a spot on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies,” and “Future 50” lists. Our 10,000+ global employees are some of the best and brightest talents across entertainment, media, and technology.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.