Job Title: Audience Strategist
Reporting To: Director, Marketing Analytics
Department: Consumer Marketing Analytics
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
- Activision Publishing is looking for an Audience Strategist to join the Marketing Analytics team and work on Call of Duty (COD). We are looking for an enthusiastic self-starter eager to contribute toward building audience-centric paid media and CRM campaigns that support the player lifecycle from acquisition through retention.
- The Senior Audience Strategist will be accountable for both strategic and operational responsibilities, helping to discover and define target audiences for Paid Media and CRM campaigns while also ensuring audience segments are prepared in platforms for campaign activation. As an individual contributor the role will require independent work, but close collaboration and teamwork with cross-functional teams will be key to success.
- The ideal candidate is passionate and knowledgeable about audience planning and operations, self-motivated, curious, a critical thinker, and a team player. If you have a passion for video games and enjoy a fast-paced environment, we encourage you to apply!
- Ideate and recommend new audience opportunities using mix of Growth Marketing campaign, game, business, and industry data, trends, and insights
- Manage audience overlap, governance, and prioritization using behavioral and commercial audience insights to advise campaign leads
- Work with Marketing leads to develop audience testing plans
- Define, size, build, and refine audience segments using audience management tools and/or manipulating database tables with SQL, globally and by region/country as needed
- Partner with data teams to establish data integrations to move audiences within paid, owned, and earned channels
- Work with activation teams on audience creation and segmentation needs for use in paid and owned channels (ex. programmatic, email, push, in-app)
- Support maintaining the consistency in audience definitions and processes across campaigns and franchises
- 1-3 years of audience planning or analytics experience from an advertising agency or similar
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to use SQL and break down complex data scenarios into digestible components
- Understanding of audience management tools (ex. CDPs & DMPs), paid media platforms (ex. DV360, Facebook, Snap, Twitter, etc.) and CRM platforms (ex. Braze), including knowledge of backend data setup if new requirements are needed to develop an audience segment
- Willingness and ability to recommend and test new ideas, measure success, and pivot as needed
- Detail and process-oriented mindset with strong project management skills
- Thorough understanding of the fundamentals of digital media buying and the customer lifecycle
- Ability to build positive working relationships with cross-functional teams
- Ability to manage multiple projects with concurrent deadlines
- Comfortable working as an individual contributor within a fast-paced environment
- BA / BS degree in marketing, business, statistics, economics, mathematics or related field
- Proficiency in collaborating within a large, complex organization
- Passion for video games and understanding gaming and marketing trends
- While game industry experience is not a requirement, previous work across in gaming is a plus
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.