About the job
Crystal Dynamics, a part of the Square Enix family and the studio behind Marvel’s Avengers and the award-winning Tomb Raider franchise, is constantly on the hunt for top-tier gaming talent worldwide. We pride ourselves on attracting and developing the best talent available to concept, create, and contribute to the most exciting projects in gaming. Our 25-plus years of game development experience, as well as our combined AAA games industry pedigree, has established us as one of best studios to work for today.
Benefits for this full-time position include a competitive salary, 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance options and plenty of days of paid time-off.
Crystal Dynamics is looking for an experienced Audio Designer with knowledge in multiple aspects of audio design and implementation to join our award winning team. In this position you will collaborate with the design team to create, record, edit, polish, and implement assets to create the audioscape for AAA experiences that rise to the high aesthetic standards that Crystal Dynamics is known for.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with designers, artists, and producers to identify audio needs
- Work with creative directors and Sr. Sound Designer to create work that adheres to a project’s audio style and standards
- Work independently to complete assigned projects on-time with limited supervision
- Participate in field and studio recording for audio assets
- Create, implement, synchronize, and tune sound effects in a wide variety of characters, creatures, objects, and vehicles.
- Implement and tune animation-based as well as physics and particle-based sound events.
- Ownership over a subset of the project (e.g., UI, Character, Environmental)
- Work closely with assigned strike team and represent the audio team in that work.
- Script interactive music and ambience throughout the game environment.
- Help improve internal tools, process, and communication.
- Work with external sound designers as necessary
- 2+ years industry or related experience with audio (ex. sound design, music).
- Knowledge in video games and/or cutting-edge media and entertainment.
- Understanding of current console generation and PC audio functionality, capabilities, and limitations
- A good ear and a passion for quality audio.
- Demonstrate understanding of audio processes and techniques with a proven ability to establish or work within a given style
- Strong command of sound design & mixing with a variety of techniques, processes and tools – able to competently produce any kind of audio required for a given task
- The ability to work with a wide variety of ever changing and evolving tools and responsibilities.
- Previous experience with scripting and the technical ins and outs of audio integration.
- Proficient in using game development tools, technology and pipelines (Wwise, FMOD, etc.)
- Comfortable with modern audio creation equipment, software and recording techniques, with a level of proficiency in at least one DAW
- Ability to handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to work efficiently and independently
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to collaborate as a team member working towards common goals
- Strong artistic and creative sensibilities
Crystal Dynamics is an EOE and M/F/D/V employer