Audio Designer - Temporary
Founded in 2005, the 2K label includes some of the most talented game development studios in the world today including Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts, Hangar 13, 2K Czech, and Cat Daddy Games. Our world-class team of engineers, developers, graphic artists, and publishing professionals are stewards of a growing library of critically acclaimed franchises such as Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, NBA 2K, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM. 2K is headquartered in Novato, California, and is a wholly-owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
2K’s Cat Daddy studio, based in Kirkland, Washington, was started 20+ years ago by industry veterans and is now a wholly-owned subsidiary of Take-Two Interactive within the 2K Label, so we are part of a pretty big family! And while we love being part of something so impressive, the studio is a fun and dedicated family of exceptionally hardworking game developers. We have shipped games on almost every genre and platform, with a current focus on mobile games.
Cat Daddy is growing and looking for a hardworking Audio Designer who can help us create compelling & technically sophisticated audio experiences for our mobile game titles. In this role, you will be working with the Lead Audio Designer to create and implement high-quality audio content; collaborating with various teams across the studio to ensure audio matches the gameplay look, feel, and style. This is an excellent opportunity to contribute both creatively and technically to the player experience of our game titles!
What you will do
- Work with the Audio Lead to establish audio asset needs
- Design and build game audio content that supports gameplay and aligns with the gameplay vision
- Compose and record music for multiple genres to fit the style of the game, using primarily in the box solutions for recording
- SFX design and creation from libraries or foley
- Implement audio/sound assets using proprietary tools
Who we believe will be a phenomenal fit
- 3+ years proven experience as an Audio Designer (or similar role) in the gaming industry (or related field)
- Shipped at least 2 video game titles on any platform, mobile is a plus
- Strong understanding of audio engineering principles and techniques
- Proficient with digital audio workstations including Sound Forge, Pro Tools, Studio One, and Logic
- Experience with game audio implementation middleware, FMOD and/or Wwise preferred
- Ability to prioritize and show flexibility to adhere to development timelines
- Familiarity with QA processes and bug tracking
- Highly organized with acute attention to detail
- Self-directed with the ability to work independently with little oversight when necessary
- Excellent teammate with the desire to learn and share knowledge and expertise with others
To be considered, applicants must provide a current reel. Applicants without a reel will not be considered.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com or Catdaddy.com accounts.