Baseball QA Tester
About the job
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Baseball Test Analyst
at Sony Interactive Entertainment PlayStation
San Diego, CA
This position is for a temporary engagement through our staffing partner Yoh Services. The anticipated duration of this engagement will vary. The duration of the assignment cannot exceed 12 months.
This is an entry level role and great for a recent grad!
Game Testers at PlayStation for The Show are responsible for finding and replicating bugs/glitches and accurately reporting them to the developers. The ideal candidate is a passionate and driven gamer and baseball fan who dreams of playing it first! We are looking for individuals that are analytical thinkers, problem solvers, have excellent grammar, and want to contribute their talents to The Show team to help craft an exceptional entertainment experience.
Quality Assurance is a great way to get into the Gaming Industry and possibly grow into other positions/fields.
The Baseball Test Analyst is expected to support the WWS QA department in all areas including:
- Executing test plans on pre-release versions of software
- Assessing product functionality against official SIE quality standards
- Research and documenting product defects and violations
- Logging issues for development team review in concise written report formats
- Collaborating with other team members to ensure quality and accuracy in online games and functionality
- Utilize baseball knowledge to provide feedback that will help to improve the title for ardent fans of Major League Baseball and The Show Franchise
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- A strong passion for and knowledge of Major League Baseball
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication (needs to be able to communicate bugs – how did you find them? What exact steps are needed to make it happen again?)
- Basic to intermediate understanding of networking setup and hardware, as well as how its principles and components apply to modern console, PC, and mobile gaming / functionality
- Ability to work in both an individual and team environment
- Flexible schedule
- 1+ years of previous QA experience in a related field
- 4 year college degree
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
Generally, We Obtain This Information Through Our Recruiting Team
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories.
- Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information , including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information , including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.