Brand Manager, BioWare
Electronic Arts (EA) is looking for a dynamic, highly motivated Brand Manager with proven achievement in brand strategy, product marketing, and/or live service marketing. At EA, you will join a team that is shaping the global presence and influence of BioWare’s storied franchises.
BioWare develops console and PC games focused on rich story telling; unforgettable characters, and vast worlds to discover. Since 1995, BioWare has created some of the gaming industry’s most acclaimed gaming brands including Baldur's Gate™, Neverwinter Nights™, Star Wars ™: Knights of the Old Republic™, Jade Empire™, Mass Effect™, Dragon Age™, Star Wars ™: The Old Republic™, and is currently developing multiple games for future release.
The Brand Manager for BioWare sits within the Global Brand Management team and will be a key contributor for developing cutting-edge brand strategy for EA’s award-winning studio. Reporting to the Director, Global Brand Management, you will drive marketing and brand strategy for BioWare games. The model candidate has expertise in product marketing, digital marketing and brand strategy. They must excel at marrying science and creativity to delight customers and partners, working with cross-functional teams to build strong brands. This person thrives in a dynamic, creative environment and enjoys working collaboratively.
- Support the long-term brand development, identity, and creative direction of BioWare’s biggest franchises, partnering with key stakeholders across Studios, Marketing and Publishing
- Shape the definition of our consumer target and their associated needs, motivations, and insights that will drive brand growth, product development and inform marketing strategies.
- Partner with consumer insights to synthesize consumer research, industry and market trends into tangible and actionable insights
- Collaborate with BioWare studio team to defining positioning, product features, content, and experiences by advocating on behalf of marketing and the player’s needs
- Partnering with Consumer Insights and Analytics teams to identify opportunities and challenges across merchandising, messaging, game features (and concepts), and improve player experiences/results based on those findings.
- Lead creative teams in briefing and driving campaign development across all key art, brand and campaign content
- Drive alignment and accountability to results across global cross functional teams including creative development, campaign management, analytics/insights, publishing, finance and market planning
- Conducting ongoing product and competitive marketing analysis to ensure consumer and market trends are informing key brand strategies
- Proven experience in brand management, brand strategy, product marketing
- Solid business, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Project management and coordination across functional groups and external partners.
- Experience building marketing strategies and executing tactical plans
- Strong communicator and collaborator
- Experience taking a product or service from consumer insight, to ideation, to market
- Deep affinity for and prior experience working on AAA RPGs a plus
- Prior work with first party partners and gaming industry data sources a plus
- Embraces working in a dynamic, flexible, ever changing environment