Business Development Associate
Over the past 20 plus years, Pokemon has become a true global brand with many enthusiastic fans around the world. TPCi is currently in a very exciting phase of further growing the business by introducing new products and ways to enjoy Pokemon.
The Business Development Associate will work with the Manager, Business Development to support key strategic initiatives in multiple business pillars (video game, mobile apps, trading card game, merchandising, and/or animation). This position will work together with various key stakeholders within TPCi and those in Japan, by spearheading communication between offices.
- Support key strategic company initiatives in the area of video game, mobile apps, trading card games, marketing initiatives and/or media & merchandising initiatives. Coordinate with various stakeholders within TPCi and those in Japan to achieve the goal. Work with Manager, Business Development to deliver the results by identifying and overcoming obstacles.
- Support new game development projects by being a point of contact between the headquarters in Japan, and TPCi. Project coordination the progress on TPCi side and make sure tasks assigned to the team executed on time.
- Coordinate with the headquarters in Japan so that TPCi marketing team is fully informed to conduct globally aligned marketing activities. Review marketing assets/copies ensuring accuracy.
- Research, analyze, and report on key business metrics.
- Flexibly conduct administrative tasks to support the President and the entire Business Development team
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- BA or BS Degree or equivalent experience.
- Five or more years demonstrated business related experience in multinational corporations including Japan and the USA.
- Experience in game development, including localization, is a plus.
- Bi-cultural and bilingual with strong written and verbal communications in both English and Japanese. Solid understanding of Japanese culture and business customs.
- Interest/experience in video game industry and anime/manga industry is a plus. Open to learn about the brand in depth. Passion/interest in Pokémon brand is a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office products (Excel, PowerPoint).
- A proven track record of career progression
How You Will Be Successful
- Problem-solving: You have mindset and ability to proactively identifying hurdles to move the project forward and find creative ways to overcome such hurdles. You have excellent leadership skills to effectively influence key stakeholders so that people are aligned on the direction of the project.
- Communication: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with ability to translate complicated information in an easily understanding format. You not only have excellent bi-lingual skill in both Japanese and English, but also bi-cultural understanding to appropriate craft the message on both ends.
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
- Great people skills: You know the “how” is as important as the “what” and you aim to build effective relationships across the organizations, as well as externally with 3 rd You are mindful of diverse perspectives and engage stakeholders in a professional manner.
- Attention to details: You can execute on requested tasks on very precise manner. You have a strong sense of responsibility to make sure your work fulfills the required outcome.
- Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together; building and enhancing programs appeals to you. You have a desire to understand the Pokemon brand.
Must be able to travel domestic and internationally. Be comfortable in accommodating to working with counterparts in multiple time zones in the USA, Europe and Japan.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.