Business Operations (Senior) Analyst
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $68 billion in 2019 to $150 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SKLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
About The Team
The Business Operations (“BizOps”) team is a nimble and highly impactful team that provides critical guidance, insights and strategic frameworks to the senior leaders responsible for our various functions and business units. The team operates like an internal consulting group to define and drive strategic, operational and organizational improvements across the company, creating the foundational business infrastructure that enables the company to efficiently scale.
- Structure complex, ambiguous and potentially charged business issues
- Gather and analyze large amounts of information quickly and problem solve effectively
- Identify at least one major operational pain-point and remedy it within 90 days
- Use storytelling skills to persuasively communicate your recommendations to senior leaders and other stakeholders to build cross-functional consensus
- 4+ years experience performing quantitative or strategic analyses (at least 2 years in a consulting environment)
- Inquisitive mindset with a major in business, economics, statistics, engineering, or mathematics preferred but not required
- Experience leading cross-functional initiatives that require significant collaboration between different departments, including both technical and business teams
- Self-starter with a ‘don’t take no for an answer’ attitude and strong communication skills
- Able to solve unstructured problems independently by developing and applying appropriate frameworks or techniques
- Comfortable managing competing priorities and ambiguity
- Excellent with data visualizations and connecting data insights to strategy - strong with Excel, experience with SQL/Python/R preferred but not required
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.