Business Planner, Xbox Game Pass
Do you want to help make Xbox Game Pass the best customer subscription service in the world? Are you passionate about building businesses and products, driving discovery of great games, and helping Microsoft reach the more than 2B+ gamers with our gaming subscriptions?
The Portfolio Strategy & Management team within broader Microsoft Gaming organization offers one of the most exciting opportunities across gaming, tech and entertainment. The team covers many functional areas such as laying out roadmap and strategic framework for content genre & audience, driving business growth by assessing the impact of new launches & driving insights into content performance, portfolio cadence & prioritization, content budget management and title level forecasting.
We are seeking a talented and motivated Business Planner who will play a key role in achieving our growth objectives by contributing to key pillars of the team charter of content strategy & planning and business management. You will be part of a high-performing and dynamic team focused overall on portfolio management and strategy to achieve business goals and accelerate our growth. To achieve this, you will work closely with partners across deal & partner strategy team, finance, marketing, subscriptions business planning, engineering and operations.
This Role And Team Provide An Ideal Opportunity To
- Become a subject matter expert on Gaming content & subscriptions business
- Have high degree of impacting the core value proposition (content) and steering organizational decisions in the right direction to achieve targets and drive highest ROI investments and activities.
- Join a strong, collaborative, and creative team that enjoys challenging the status quo with unique solutions.
- Content Strategy & Planning: Analyze internal Game Pass data and industry 3rd party data to drive insights into content performance with an aim to drive v next of content portfolio to help maximize member acquisition & retention, driving overall subscription growth.
- Articulating Title & Portfolio Performance: Manage business to the set operating plan by developing content scorecards & KPIs, reporting & analyzing title level results, driving insights into portfolio performance.
- Title Level Forecasting: Develop & enhance models and methodologies for forecasting hours and users for titles entering the catalogue and existing portfolio.
- Track record of navigating ambiguity to drive outcomes and clarity by leveraging structured frameworks and quantitative and qualitative insights.
- Fluency with analytical frameworks, quantitative models, business case modeling, and strong problem solving with data and analysis.
- High degree of proficiency in using excel, power pivots, being able to ingest and manipulate large amount of data from various sources for modelling purposes.
- Excellent executive presentation and business communication skills with fluency in being able to develop driver based synthesized & crisp narratives.
- BA/BS degree with strong academic background & MBA or advanced degree in business related disciplines preferred.
- 5+ years in a management consulting, investment banking, private equity, corporate strategy, marketing, finance or planning experience in technology sectors.
- Proven experience in working successfully across functions and organizations, with ability to navigate roadblocks and challenges.
- Comfort with working in a fast-paced, dynamic and ambiguous environment with rapidly changing requirements.
- A deep passion for learning about entertainment/gaming and subscriptions.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.