Commodity Manager- End of Life Manager
Scientific Games (SG) is a global leader focused on delivering an ever-expanding portfolio of lottery and gaming products and services to the world's government-regulated and government-sponsored entities. Scientific Games' global reach is made possible through the expertise, skill and dedicated efforts of its 8,000+ employees who serve lottery and gaming customers in more than 100+ countries on 6 continents.
Are you ready to level up your career?
At Scientific Games, we are committed to making the best games, platforms and systems in the world. We are looking for smart, passionate and creative people to join our team and help us transform the gaming world. We are a global, industry-leading gaming technology company that embraces challenge, fosters an inclusive culture, values integrity, innovation and winning, and is committed to developing and supporting its people.
Whether you are a member of our award winning game studios, our industry leading systems group, product management, manufacturing group, services or any of our other amazing Gaming teams, you will be creating compelling games played around the world. We are dedicated to being the industry’s only COMPLETE global solutions provider with products that will enhance the entire gaming operation, both on the casino floor and behind the scenes.
If you are ready to play…Come join us and let’s make games!
Within Scientific Games, Strategic Sourcing operates as a sub-function of the Global Supply Chain. The Strategic Sourcing group is a small, high functioning team focused on setting the strategy for the front-end of the supply chain. The Strategic Sourcing group determines the supply strategy, selects supply partners, negotiates commercial terms, and coordinates supplier interactions.
The Commodity Manager is responsible for finding, developing, and managing the supply base. The applicant will be strategic in nature, driving long-term value to the business in terms of driving cost and lead-time reduction. The Commodity Manager will be responsible for all aspects of supplier management within the region, facilitating the sourcing, procurement, and quality efforts of the organization.
A successful candidate will be data driven, cross-functionally minded, proactive, detail oriented, and value ethical business practices.
Essential Job Functions
- Managing and developing strategy for end of life product.
- Work with Engineering and Suppliers to minimize EOL interruptions well in advance of product or component obsolescence.
- Working with cross functional departments to manage the implementation of new components or alternate parts.
- Managing New Production Introduction to the supply chain
- Identifying and sourcing suppliers that align with SG strategy
- Setting up the supply chain while working cross functionally with the needed departments i.e. Engineering, Project Management, Quality, etc.
- Quoting, commercial negotiation of suppliers
- Define supplier pipeline of price reductions
- Work VAVE opportunities with suppliers and SG
- Tooling development and tracking with contracted suppliers
- Facilitating of tooled supplier first shot and first article submittals
- Manage supplier development through supplier score cards, quarterly business reviews, etc.
- Track cost down initiatives and explain and mitigate cost increases
- Revision communication and facilitation with buyers and suppliers
- Communication facilitation of open POs & expedites
- 2-5 years’ experience in supply chain related fields. With an emphasis in direct material strategic sourcing
- Excellent analytical skills
- Experienced with category management and multi-step strategic sourcing processes in a range of categories.
- Skilled negotiator.
- Experience with leveraged agreements, multi-year contracts, eAuctions and should-cost models.
- Highly results-oriented and focused on business priorities with a successful record of accomplishments.
- Excellent problem solving skills – able to identify problems and/or opportunities for improvement and assesses viable solutions. Develop and execute comprehensive action plans.
- Excellent supplier relationship management skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments concurrently, including ability to assess and manage priorities.
- Effective communications skills, particularly the ability to communicate technical expertise.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills. Must be able to build rapport with Operations and cross-functional colleagues, and be able to foster collaborative relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent management experience.
Scientific Games Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, “SG”) are engaged in highly regulated gaming and lottery businesses. As a result, certain SG employees may, among other things, be required to obtain a gaming or other license(s), undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts. In order to ensure SG complies with its regulatory and contractual commitments, as a condition to hiring and continuing to employ its employees, SG requires all of its employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles. As a prerequisite to employment with SG (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SG conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you.
SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law , please click here for EEOC Poster .