Amazon Games is looking for a a Content Designer to to join our New World team in Sunny Irvine, CA. In New World, players will fight for survival as they explore and conquer the mysterious island of Aeternum. As a Game Designer working with our content teams, you'll directly build in-game content for players with a focus on weapons, armor, and other items players get as rewards for successful play.
Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game design. We have a diverse team of talented, creative people pairing their love of making games with the unique strengths that come with being part of Amazon. Across all of our teams and locations, we are united by a common purpose: to share great gaming experiences with customers around the world. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games, and we are looking for the right people to help us build that future. With the power of Twitch and AWS at your fingertips, you will have the chance to innovate in gameplay, creativity, marketing, and technology, while working alongside some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
In this role you will…
- Assist in managing the pipeline for player items.
- Assist in analysis of player data and experiences in gear acquisition from various game sources (crafting, loot drops, etc).
- Implement the gameplay data for all new player weapons and apparel.
- Plan new player items focused on player progression with weapons and armor.
- Learn multiple aspects of game design from Sr. Designers as you grow and take on more responsibility.
Inclusive Culture, Work/Life Balance, & Career Growth
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
- 1+ years video game development experience
- 2+ years of playing commercially successful MMOs.
- 1+ years working with gameplay telemetry.
- Customer/player-obsessed attitude and ability to foresee the experiences players will have around the content you create.
- 1+ years MMO building experience.
- Excel expertise with large data sets.
- Experience designing, implementing and managing large numbers of game assets such as player abilities or items.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
- Understanding of the AAA MMO genre landscape.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us