Got a passion for games? Want to be part of the gaming world? Rogue Games is a new kind of publisher obsessed with quality, innovation and style, and we’re on the hunt for a critical new role.
This role reports to Rogue’s Director of Marketing.
Rogue seeks a clever, confident writer who understands games, players, and the industry, as we develop our voice and grow our community. The ideal candidate is comfortable with words, developing memes, has a passion for pop culture and experience in managing the online presences of game publishers or studios, and is able to meet gamers where they are on services like Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
As Content Strategist, our candidate will be responsible for supporting all games within the Rogue publishing portfolio with live service needs focused on social content, communications, marketing, and social management. This person will help support the content, copy, and scheduling of social posts for all of Rogue’s social channels. Some experience in graphic design or video editing a plus!
· Work with internal teams to help craft Rogue's editorial voice.
· Collaborate cross-functionally with the marketing and game studio teams to generate organic and paid social channel strategy, social content calendar, key campaigns, and set up KPIs to measure success.
· Write copy for marketing initiatives and games, including metadata, e-blasts, newsletters and providing strategic edits on press releases.
· Strategize and execute influencer campaigns and support relationships with agencies, talent and brand partnerships.
· Work cross-functionally with marketing and dev studios to develop social content in support of key marketing campaigns as well as Rogue’s owned channels: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Discord, and Twitch.
· Develop and maintain expanded levels of support for Rogue event coverage, attending game events and tournaments as needed, including enhanced content creation, community engagement and livestreams.
· Construct social initiatives and compelling short-form video content such as reels, fleets, TikToks, etc. that drive viral organics.
· Consolidate and report on worldwide community trends, topics, sentiment and grow the Rogue fanbase across online verticals.
· Proactively monitor Rogue’s brand conversations through social media channels by conducting analyses, synthesizing insights, generating weekly reports, and implementing actionable takeaways to drive optimization.
· 2 - 4 years of experience writing professionally.
· A minimum of 3 years’ experience in social media management for gaming.
· Familiarity with content creation, editing, and distribution.
· Familiarity with AgoraPulse, Hootsuite, or similar social management and distribution platforms.
· The inherent ability to be funny, witty, snarky, dry, and irreverent.
· The capability to turn out copy with confidence and efficiency.
· An understanding and appreciation of games and the games industry.
· Self-motivation and initiative; impeccable time management, organization, and prioritization.
· Experience with CMS, CRM, and email marketing.
· Experience with Photoshop (or similar), Premier (or similar) a plus.
Who We Are
Rogue Games is a leading game publisher in the business of making fun, cool games that leverage our technology, tools, relationships, and experience. Rogue supports all digital platforms including console, PC and mobile games across all business models (freemium, premium, subscription, and streaming). Founded in 2018, Rogue Games Inc. is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA with offices in San Mateo, CA and Seattle, WA.
Rogue Games is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit candidates to us or directly to managers. Rogue Games does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Rogue Games will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Rogue Games.