Contract Generalist Tester
Do you love playing games, but love breaking them even more? Do you spend time picking apart game systems in order to understand them better? Or maybe to break them? Are you proud when you do break a game? We may have a job for you!
Bungie is looking for Testers who meet the rare criteria of being able to both push games to the limit with their creative ad-hoc approach and still understand how to execute a rigorous test pass against a well-understood system. Quality Assurance Testers at Bungie should constantly be thinking about the player experience and should leverage that approach to help us find the bugs that will negatively impact the players’ enjoyment of Destiny. This will require a strong desire to move between a wide range of complex game systems, an excitement to continuously learn them, but the results will speak for themselves when players get to experience the high-quality, polished game thanks to your efforts.
Estimated Duration: Up to 12 Months
During these uncertain times and rapidly changing environment surrounding COVID-19, all positions at Bungie are subject to onboarding and working virtually/remotely. Once the studio is fully reopened, most work is expected to be performed in-person at our main headquarters in Bellevue, Washington.
- Coordinate with a Test Lead to direct your day-to-day testing
- Log excellent bugs with a deep attention to detail
- Utilize your amazing communication skills to explain complex issues to stakeholders
- Other test responsibilities as assigned
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills when describing technical issues
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to find root causes of issues efficiently and intelligently
- Experienced gamer (FPS or MMO) including a solid foundation as a Destiny player
- Accurate and quick execution of manual test cases and ad-hoc testing
- Ability to work independently and with teammates
- Strong organizational skills
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS
- Software testing experience
- Video game QA (Developer or Publisher side)
- Ability to interpret game systems and use that knowledge to create exploits
- Previous experience working on shipped console or PC titles