Scientific Games (SG) is a global leader focused on delivering an ever-expanding portfolio of lottery and gaming products and services to the world's government-regulated and government-sponsored entities. Scientific Games' global reach is made possible through the expertise, skill and dedicated efforts of its 8,000+ employees who serve lottery and gaming customers in more than 100+ countries on 6 continents.
Are you ready to level up your career?
At Scientific Games, we are committed to making the best games, platforms and systems in the world. We are looking for smart, passionate and creative people to join our team and help us transform the gaming world. We are a global, industry-leading gaming technology company that embraces challenge, fosters an inclusive culture, values integrity, innovation and winning, and is committed to developing and supporting its people.
Whether you are a member of our award winning game studios, our industry leading systems group, product management, manufacturing group, services or any of our other amazing Gaming teams, you will be creating compelling games played around the world. We are dedicated to being the industry’s only COMPLETE global solutions provider with products that will enhance the entire gaming operation, both on the casino floor and behind the scenes.
If you are ready to play…Come join us and let’s make games!
- Prepare documents, agreements, and instruments (such as purchase and lease contracts, etc.) using standardized templates with minimal supervision
- Understand Scientific Games’ business, culture, products, markets, facilities, customers, and competitors; and utilize that knowledge working with internal/external clients
- Coordinate with Scientific Games’ sales team to generate contracts for gaming equipment
- Maintain contract database and tracking/filing system for legal documents
- Ensure contracts include appropriate approvals and meet compliance regulations
- Build credibility and create an atmosphere of positive teamwork and problem solving
- Maintain consistent communications with internal/external clients, including in-person discussions, telephone calls, and emails
- Meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Prioritize workload to meet customer needs
- Conduct research on projects, as directed
- Undertake ad hoc projects, as directed
Job Level Description
Works on short- and mid-term projects that frequently require the application of independent judgment and creativity. Mentors less experienced members of the team. May lead teams / projects / a large function or multiple functions. Leads the design and develops major / strategic products.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Paralegal degree or certification preferred
- 3-5 years of corporate legal experience
- Prior work in the casino gaming industry preferred
- work independently while functioning well in a team environment
- apply logic and rationale to solve problems
- use computer software as needed, including Oracle, ContractLogix, Microsoft 365 and Sharepoint
- manage a heavy workload and prioritize multiple tasks
- understand general business operations, issues, and dynamics beyond the scope of basic legal issues
- Attention to detail and excellent organization skills to ensure a high level of accuracy
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, be proactive, take initiative, and ensure follow-through
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, use hands, operate a computer, and have specific vision abilities to include close and distance vision, and ability to adjust focus working with computer and business equipment.
Scientific Games Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, “SG”) are engaged in highly regulated gaming and lottery businesses. As a result, certain SG employees may, among other things, be required to obtain a gaming or other license(s), undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts. In order to ensure SG complies with its regulatory and contractual commitments, as a condition to hiring and continuing to employ its employees, SG requires all of its employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles. As a prerequisite to employment with SG (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SG conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information, please click on this link: EEO Poster
SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law , please click here for EEOC Poster .