Coordinator, Strategy and Team Business Operations
Activision Blizzard Esports Leagues
Coordinator, Strategy and Team Business Operations
In 2020, the official global esports league of Call of Duty launched to a new franchised-team format, featuring the best players from around the world. The league features twelve teams based out of Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Florida, London, two teams in Los Angeles, Minnesota, New York, Paris, Seattle and Toronto. The evolution of Call of Duty esports is forthcoming and we’re looking to add to our team to help achieve success for growth.
The Coordinator, Strategy and Team Business Operations will work on a wide range of strategic initiatives supporting the Call of Duty League teams and their ongoing operations. You will be responsible for helping to develop best practices in the areas of business, marketing, sponsorship, operations and more across the league’s teams.
You will relish the opportunity to be involved with the launch of an ambitious global enterprise. You will tackle a wide range of challenges and provide support to creative, executive and operational personnel.
- Play a support role in defining and developing a strategy across a wide range of business areas including all aspects of team business operations, branding and marketing, sponsorship and commercialization, merchandise and live events
- Support the efforts to collaborate with league and team leadership to model and define best practices across all areas of business and operations to ensure the highest functioning teams in esports
- Establish credibility, foster collaboration and develop strong, respectful relationships with appropriate partners and internal stakeholders
- Cultivate deep relationships with the teams and serve as a liaison with the league office
- Assist and construct official league documents and communications to internal and external stakeholders
- Research and assist with structured analysis to achieve insights on large-scale and transformative business initiatives; help to prepare presentations for to stakeholders
- Support team members with evaluating business initiative proposals and help them to prepare to communicate recommendations to team leadership and executives
- Coordinate communication streams to internal and external stakeholders
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a business strategy or business operations role, preferably in entertainment, sports or video games
- Working knowledge or interest in business operations or business development for sports or event- based entertainment, or esports products and intellectual properties
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and draw actionable business strategy
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and complete a high-volume of projects simultaneously with efficiency, and with minimal error
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, as well as interpersonal skills
- Able to evaluate, organize and report information in a clear and succinct manner
- Exceptional attention to detail as well as the ability to see the big picture
- Demonstrated ability to write and edit large scale communications and presentations Impeccable organizational, prioritization, and time-management abilities
- Problem-solving skills to eliminate issues and improve processes and efficiencies Love of learning and growing
- Self-starting, self-motivated personality
Experience in consulting Experience in business affairs
Experience in a start-up or launch environment international experience
Required Application Materials
Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), headquartered in Santa Monica, California with locations across the globe, is one of the largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies in the world. Sitting at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment, our employees are some of the best and brightest across engineering, entertainment, media, and technology. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™, and Bubble Witch™ and our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users across the globe.
A member of the S&P 500 Activision Blizzard is proud to be included as one of FORTUNE's "100 Best Companies To Work For®," "World's Best Employers," as well as "Most Admired Companies." In 2019 we were honored to receive a perfect score on our entry to the Corporate Equality Index as a Best Workplace for LGBTQ professionals and once again made Fast Company's World's Most Innovative Companies in Gaming.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners. #AB
Activision Blizzard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.