Corporate Strategy Lead
IGT is the global leader in gaming. We enable players to experience their favorite games across all channels and regulated segments, from Gaming Machines to Lotteries to Interactive. We have a well-established local presence and relationships with governments and regulators in more than 100 countries around the world, and create value by adhering to the highest standards of service, integrity, and responsibility. IGT has over 12,000 employees.
The Corporate Strategy Specialist supports the Corporate Strategy organization to drive the strategic agenda by working work on a variety of exciting, impact-driven projects teaming with senior leadership at IGT (including our executive team) while accelerating your career trajectory and professional development.
The Corporate Strategy team is a small but impactful team that works with IGT’s executive team across businesses and geographies, covering strategic planning, portfolio optimization decisions, and identifying and executing growth initiatives and margin expansion opportunities. We bring together a strategic mindset, external market insights, and core execution competencies to help IGT make the best decisions and achieve short, medium, and long-term strategic and financial goals. In this role, the selected candidate will be part of a dedicated and dynamic team of dedicated professionals with plenty of opportunities for on-the-job learning. The role will report directly to the Vice President of Strategy.
Strategic planning cycle
- Work closely with Business Units Leaders to perform industry analysis to identify and assess key ongoing trends and potential disruptions that can inform IGT’s strategy and operational plans.
- Assess opportunities and threats and distill strategic insights.
- Perform independent reviews of existing business portfolio and work closely with our business units to assess status, opportunities, and challenges of the current business portfolio.
- Identify and evaluate key strategic/portfolio initiatives and develop implementation plans and/or market- entry/exit plans (buy / make / partner/dispose)
- Perform detailed market analysis and develop detailed / bottoms up business plans for new strategic/portfolio initiatives
- Assess shareholder value creation potential of proposed strategic initiatives
Project Management and delivery
- Drive the overall delivery, under the supervision of the VP of Strategy and in collaboration with Business Unit Leaders, of IGT strategic projects including new business platforms, new business models, margin optimization, commercial growth
- Collaborate with the People & Transformation team to mobilize and coordinate teams and act as a “change agent” with her/his projects
- Develop relationships across the company with key stakeholders
- This role will frequently communicate and interact with key C´ level roles.
- The role will also communicate and interact with business leaders and stakeholders from Global Gaming, Global Lottery & Corporate Support.
- Strategy Consulting Experience: The ideal candidate will have at least two years of strategy consulting experience from a top-tier management consulting firm.
- Industry Exposure: Experience in Consumer, Retail, and/or Manufacturing is ideal. Diversity of work is welcomed.
- Growth Strategy and Development Experience: The ideal candidate will have spent most of their time in consulting focused functionally on growth strategy. Experience with business valuations, negotiations, mergers, and acquisitions is a plus.
- Structured & Logical Thinking: Superior critical thinking skills are critical to this role, including the ability to identify and define problems, collect data, establish facts and demonstrate a ‘nose for value’ to discern what is important and draw valid conclusions.
- Communication Skills: Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills, both written and verbal, with exceptional presentation skills and high emotional intelligence is critical. Leadership experience is highly valued. Self-motivated, able to work both independently and as part of a team. Relationship management across all levels of a comparable size/structure organization. Experience in crafting effective executive communications. Demonstrated success in driving change and the ability to drive impact for key stakeholders.
- Analytical Aptitude: Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills are required. Outstanding strategic and analytical skills, with proven experience in building models, distilling insights, and creating recommendations to address complex problems
Preferred Education & Experience
- BA 4-5+ years of consulting, corporate strategy, business planning, private equity experience
- Gaming industry experience is a plus but not required
- This role will have a demanding meeting schedule across multiple global time zones.
- Availability to travel 5-10% of the time
Keys to Success
- Building collaborative relationships
- Decision making
- Drive results
- Foster innovation
- Personal energy
IGT is committed to sustaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of the global customers and communities we serve, creating a fair and inclusive culture that enables all our employees to feel valued, respected and engaged. IGT is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, and any other personal attributes protected by federal, state, or other laws. We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected to interview will be contacted.
In addition to our competitive benefits package, we offer employees a 401(k) Savings Plan with Company contributions, tuition reimbursement, and free identity theft insurance.