About the job
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition. The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $86 billion last year to $161 billion in 2025. As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SKLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry.
The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month. Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of San Francisco Business Times' Best Places to Work, Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBC's Disruptor 50, one of Forbes' Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000. What We're Looking For: Powering Esports for Everyone, is the core vision of Skillz.
Who We're Looking For
Skillz is looking for an experienced and talented Senior Conversion Rate Optimization Analyst to drive our A/B testing program across our player-facing web (and over time, app) products. Conversion Rate Optimization is chartered with driving a fun, easy and engaging consumer experience across Skillz-owned digital properties that results in industry-leading commercial results. This individual will partner with several key stakeholders and be responsible for ensuring that we are driving growth while delivering the best experience for our players.
What You'll Do
- Build a prioritized pipeline of testing opportunities for UX optimization by evaluating data from web analytics, online user testing, SEO and SEM/PPC data streams
- Instrument A/B tests with Kochava to evaluate post-click impact on core KPIs
- Monitor tests during the testing period to ensure data is being accurately collected
- Analyze test data in Google Optimize 360, Google Analytics and Tableau
- Use quantitative and qualitative analysis skills to recommend onsite changes based on data
- Write analysis recommendations on test results to share with teammates and stakeholders
- Work closely with stakeholders, teammates and other departments (Design, Product, Dev, Marketing, etc.) to thoroughly vet and implement tests
- Collaborate with teammates in monthly brainstorming / grooming meetings to identify potential A/B tests
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in web/UI/UX conversion optimization
- Solid understanding of user experience best practices; proven ability to successfully partner across an organization including Analytics, Marketing, Design, and Engineering to help develop a holistic testing roadmap
- Strong understanding of how to gather data-driven insights and ability to develop recommendations to drive continuous improvement in results
- Advanced knowledge of web analytics and online user testing applications such as Google Analytics & Tag Manager, Optimizely, Adobe Target, Crazyegg, Google Optimize 360 etc.
- Experience with user feedback platforms such as UserTesting, Qualaroo, Loop11, Kampyle, etc.
- Experience with testing and optimizing responsive design for mobile and desktop sites and landing pages
- Deep knowledge of paid (PPC) and organic (SEO) search practice and methodology
- Strong foundation in statistics with analytical & problem solving skills
- Excellent project management skills and a clear history of successful execution from start to finish
- BA/BS and/or MA/MS in a related field or appropriate combination of experience and education
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.