Customer Experience Specialist
About the job
Gaming? Check. Esports? Check. Hardware? Check. Software? Check. We could go on and on. The point is we've been helping gamers get better since 2001. In fact, Esports pros have won more money using SteelSeries products than any other brand and we're just getting started. Esports and Gaming are multi-billion-dollar industries, and we're going to continue supporting them through innovative gear and software gamers need and love. We believe in being true to the gaming community, which means being true to ourselves. We create products that help the best of the best be better, and products that help the not-so-good feel not-so-bad. Most of us are gamers, but you don't have to be, we promise! Just don't be surprised if you become one within a few weeks of starting!
Want to see what we're up to? Find us on social media, where we're highlighting our community, amazing partners, and products!
- You are a team player at heart.
- Likes working with Tech: Enjoys learning about multiple tech-style items and can utilize the knowledge gained.
- Organized/Multi-Tasker: Able to keep multiple priorities moving fast in a systematic way.
- Prioritize and problem solve: Understanding there may not be just one answer that results in a positive outcome. You can think out of the box.
- Handle inquiries that range in complexity from “how-to” questions up to involved debugging to track down operational anomalies
- Provide in-depth support for SteelSeries hardware, and act as an resource for customer escalations
- Collaborate with multiple teams to provide feedback on hardware issues
- Attend team meetings to assist in providing feedback to update the knowledge base
- You thrive in a fast-moving environment of a fast-growing company, where tasks can evolve from day to day.
- You have an open approach to feedback and enjoy how it affects your work.
- You have a youthful nature, enjoying the social aspects of the job as well as the professional.
- One year of experience in customer service.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build rapport with customers quickly.
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware-specific problems and resourcefulness in obtaining information from users
- A customer advocate mindset, paired with a big picture understanding of business goals and policies.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build collaborative relationships
- Interest or experience in the Gaming industry; Knowledge of video games preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, Zendesk a plus.
WITHIN 1 MONTH YOU WILL:
- Settle in and get to know your new colleagues on the Support Team.
- Immerse yourself in SteelSeries culture, values to begin understanding FOR GLORY!
- Dive in and gain a basic understanding of our products and policies.
- Work hand in hand with trainers to develop a basic understanding of platforms and procedures.
- Begin to own your work and troubleshoot various amounts of customer support scenarios.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS YOU WILL:
- Demonstrates ownership of workload by adhering to sensitive SLA’s, keeping up with queues, and upholding expected response times for all inboxes.
- Clearly and concisely offers explanations through strong writing skills.
- Serves as a mediator between the customer and SteelSeries when resolving issues. Actively fact-finds and investigates both sides of a story before drawing conclusions.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of customer experience practices and speaks competently with customers. Communicates using industry-standard terminology.
WITHIN 9 MONTHS YOU WILL:
- Has deep knowledge of team policies and processes. Utilizes opportunities to share their expertise with the team and business partners outside of the Support Team.
- Understands the implications and risks of each solution, integrates feedback from others, and adapts ideas to select the most effective solution for the problem.
- Participates in team projects outside of their regular scope of work.
- Actively seek solutions that improve the customer experience.
Free gear and games
Please note, SteelSeries US employment is contingent on proof of vaccination.