Customer Service Representative
Here at Daybreak, we make great games that bring people together: to build them and to play them. Together we have built and introduced some of the most famed and beloved gaming franchises to millions of players worldwide including H1Z1®, DC Universe™ Online, PlanetSide®, and EverQuest®.
We are obsessed with the entire creation process and the passion for play is what makes us one with our players. From group raiding epics in Norrath to watching our favorite streamers ravage zombies in the post-apocalypse, we are devoted to delivering the ultimate gaming experience to our communities.
Let's make games better together! Are you up for the challenge? Here's some specifics on what we're looking for...
- Champion outstanding customer service for all players while maintaining a customer comes first mindset
- Assist customers by responding to CRM ticket ingress-subjects often include (but are not limited to); Purchase issues, account recoveries, connection or computer related issues, and general billing questions
- Communicate with players in a timely, helpful, and friendly manner
- Document each ticket with relevant information pertaining to the issue and resolution
- Detailed log analysis and metrics research to accurately investigate, diagnose and resolve player issues
- Render policy and judgment calls; use discretion to prescribe disciplinary action in accordance with set guidelines
- Communicate new game issues to direct team members and Management
- Develop and acquire game knowledge to become proficient with Daybreak Games' portfolio of games
- Multi-task and troubleshoot cross-platform problems
- Ability to troubleshoot basic computer and connection issues
- Able to be self-motivated and organize tasks in order of priority
- 1+ years’ experience as a Customer Service Representative
- High School diploma or equivalent experience
- Experience with online gaming communities, either as a player or industry work
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Working knowledge of using a calm demeanor to handle escalating situations with impartiality
- Excellent and effective problem solving and time management skills
- Effective verbal communication and written skills
- Creative problem-solver, self-driven with a strong work ethic
- A passion for game development and technology
- Knowledge of Daybreak Games’ titles
- Knowledge of an array of video games on PC and consoles
- Knowledge of Game development
About Daybreak San Diego
Our headquarters is where gaming culture and the So Cal vibe collide; Creating a vibrant work environment that epitomizes our belief that every day should be well played. The perks of working at Daybreak San Diego extend well beyond the beautiful weather in this prime location. Board game nights, and a strong appreciation for the local craft brew scene (we even turned one of our original game servers into an on-site kegerator) are just some of the ways that working at Daybreak San Diego isn't just about having job; it's about being part of a community.
Exceptional employee benefits: 18 days PTO first year; Robust Medical, Dental, Vision insurance coverage for entire family; Company matched 401k vested immediately; Flex Spending Accounts, generous tuition reimbursements, ultra-creative environment, bring your dog to work with you.
- Daybreak Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to Diversity in the Workplace.*
*Employment Agencies: Please do not contact this job post with unsolicited services or offers*
Be Aware of Fraudulent Recruiting Activities
If you are interested in a career at Daybreak Games or any of our affiliated studios, we encourage you to apply directly on our website. Daybreak Game Company values the privacy and security of every applicant and urges all applicants to diligently protect their sensitive personal information from scams targeting job seekers. These scams can take many forms including fake employment applications, bogus interviews, and falsified offer letters.
Daybreak Game Company will never ask applicants to provide their social security numbers, date of birth, bank account information or other sensitive information in job applications. Additionally, our recruiters do not communicate with applicants through free e-mail accounts (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or through online messaging apps (WhatsApp, Hangouts). We will never ask applicants to provide payment during the hiring process or extend an offer without conducting a phone, live video or in-person interview. Please contact Daybreak Game Company’s People & Culture team at email@example.com if you encounter a recruiter or see a job opportunity that seems suspicious.