Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an experienced Data Scientist to join the Service Technologies team. The Data Scientist champions the data science efforts on the Service Technologies team, concentrating on player behavior and interactions. The team partners closely with game teams, other technical teams, global security, and customer service to help build a safe and welcoming environment for all gamers.
You’ll join the established Player Interactions and Trust team within Service Tech which includes data science, software engineering, research, design, and key partners within our game teams. The ideal candidate is passionate about machine learning, artificial intelligence, statistics, and deep learning and has expertise in designing highly scalable machine learning algorithms.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Assist with efforts in developing data science capabilities in Service Technologies.
- Work with data science products and work closely with engineers to help improve the engineering platform in relation to data science work.
- Work closely with data and software engineers to deploy, automate, and maintain models seamlessly on production systems.
- Help build platform-level solutions for machine learning systems.
- Communicate machine learning models and products to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Be a part of the wider machine learning community within Blizzard to share ideas and learnings.
- Join the data science efforts as it relates to player interactions and research into player behaviors in first- and second party games.
- Masters or Ph.D. with a specialization in deep learning, machine learning, artificial intelligence, computer vision, statistics, applied math, algorithm design, or a related quantitative field.
- Proficiency in statistics, machine learning, and model analytics.
- A minimum of 2 years’ hands-on applied or research experience developing machine learning models on large scale data sets.
- Able to translate academic research into application.
- Intermediate knowledge in computer architecture/compilers/OOP/data structure and algorithms.
- Basic understanding of natural language processing
- Advanced knowledge of SQL analysis.
- Knowledge of GIT/version control, SQL DB architecture, and Hadoop/Map Reduce/Spark
- Proficiency in one or more of the higher-level programming languages like Python, Java, C++, Scala, R, etc.
- Strong problem-solving, written and spoken communication skills.
- Strong understanding of natural language processing.
- Experience with Blizzard Entertainment games.
- A proven track record of original contributions to machine learning or statistics.
- Experience with data visualization tools like Tableau.
- Passion for video games
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.