Designer, UX (Mobile Games)
WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world’s best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
The creative team that brought Mortal Kombat and Injustice to life is now NetherRealm Studios, part of the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment family. With over 20 years of creation under our belts, NetherRealm’s mission remains the same: to create cutting edge entertainment and deliver industry leading tech, game art and overall gaming experiences. NetherRealm Studios is a collaborative and creative environment, constantly striving to up the ante on what is possible in interactive entertainment. Our team is comprised of dedicated professionals with years of experience who are at the forefront of the gaming industry. The passion and energy that made Mortal Kombat a reality is still on display every day in our offices, our hallways and most definitely the studio’s arcade room.
Join us. Shape your story here.
NetherRealm Studios, a division of WB Games Inc. seeks a User Experience Designer to join the Mobile team behind the "Injustice 2" and "Mortal Kombat X" games. The UX Designer will work with the UI/UX Lead, fellow UX/UI Designers, Production Management, Game Designers and Engineers to gather requirements, create screen flows, wireframes, product prototypes, assist in content development, and in developing usability test plans. Testing feedback and data analysis will also inform iterative changes to our designs.
You should be familiar with mobile industry best practices and proficient with Adobe XD or an equivalent. Ideal candidates will be able to work remotely with Devs and Visual Designers yet also self-direct their work when necessary.
- UX Design (Wireframing, Prototyping)
- Requirements Gathering
- User Testing
- User Research
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field.
- 3 or more years of UX design experience.
- Experience designing for mobile games or applications.
- Strong interpersonal and team skills.
- Ability to adapt and manage shifting priorities as projects evolve.
- Experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first.
The Nice to Haves
- Previous game development experience is a plus.
- Body of work showcasing your process, iterations, and final product.
- Familiarity with video games and mobile apps.
- A desire to create a strong end product.
Strong desire to design industry-leading games and ship the highest quality AAA games.
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.