Director, Corporate Communications
Scientific Games Corporation (NASDAQ: SGMS) is a world leader in gaming entertainment offering the industry's broadest and most integrated portfolio of game content, advanced systems, cutting-edge platforms and professional services. Scientific Games’ digital arm - SG Digital is a trusted partner to the world's most powerful iGaming, iLottery and Sports Betting brands. From our world leading sports betting technology to our in-house game studios and broad partner network of third party suppliers, we offer customers the widest portfolio of content available across our OpenSports and OpenGaming platforms.
At SG Digital we have 1,600+ employees (including 900+ engineers and developers) and over 200 customers. We currently provide our technology to customers across the globe. Our head office is in London with over 20 offices across the globe spanning EMEA, APAC, and North America.
Leading the charge in the sports betting arena, SG Digital’s OpenSports product suite offers end-to-end sportsbook solutions to partners of all sizes in regulated jurisdictions. Covering every aspect of sports betting, OpenSports allows operators to pick and choose the tech pieces they need to build a long-term viable product.
The Director of Corporate Communications will lead SG Digital’s external communications efforts to advance our corporate narrative. The role will position SG Digital as the leading global betting entertainment company to critical stakeholder groups including national and industry media outlets, sports betting operators, influencers, policymakers, and investors.
The ideal candidate is a businessperson first, with demonstrable experience developing integrated and strategic communications programs that span media relations, product marketing, executive visibility, financial communications and digital and social media.
You are a hands-on leader and a senior communications professional with exceptional writing, media relations and social media capabilities. You will oversee message development, media relations and executive visibility for SG Digital’s Leadership Team, along with financial and M&A communications in partnership with the finance and investor relations teams.
This role will report to the Chief Marketing Officer. The candidate will apply a diverse skillset and will manage and collaborate with other members of SG Digitals Global Marketing team to develop our corporate communications strategy and execute a range of activities. The role is based in Chicago area.
- Develop strategic, integrated external communications plans with measurable goals aligned with business priorities.
- Collaborate with SG Digital’s Leadership Team to secure buy in and engagement on executive visibility and traditional and digital media initiatives to advance the company agenda.
- Develop high-quality written materials that convey SG Digital’s corporate purpose and narrative including messaging platforms, press releases, blog posts, Q&As, earnings scripts, editorials and infographics.
- Lead the identification, development, pitching and placement of SG Digital-related stories in top tier industry, technology and financial media worldwide, in print, digital and broadcast outlets.
- Work in partnership with the VP of Investor Relations on all financial communications efforts around earnings, M&A, and investments.
- Integrate messaging with the digital content team that manages the SG Digital social media channels (Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube). Ensure we are driving integrated storytelling and editorial themes to tell a cohesive story to external audiences. Serve as an advocate for instilling a digital and audience-first mindset and strategy.
- Create a center of excellence that provides tools, expertise and counsel to help advance local market business objectives for global team members.
- Build and maintain a strong network of business partners across all levels of the global organization.
- 10-15 years’ experience in corporate communications and public relations in a publicly listed business.
- Sports, Media or Gambling industry experience considered a key asset.
- Track record of developing strategic, impactful communications plans that deliver quantifiable results aligned with business priorities.
- Extensive media relations experience and established contacts in sports/gambling and/or technology media.
- Demonstrated ability in executing complex communications programs with an emphasis on storytelling and integration across traditional and digital channels.
- Knowledge and experience managing financial communications programs for a publicly traded company.
- Experience and passion for digital communications and an ability to drive strategic and integrated programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Outstanding problem solving and organizational skills.
- Proven experience in multi-faceted program/project management, decision-making, and driving results in cross-functional and/or cross-regional teams.
- Ability to achieve results in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, often on short deadlines.
- Experience managing business issues and navigating/synthesizing various viewpoints.
- Ability to provide high-level counsel to business and senior leadership.
- Prior experience working in a global matrixed organization.
- This position requires travel for work 25% of the time and flexible working around key industry events, earnings announcements and M&A activities.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.