Director, General Manager
Lottery games are one of the biggest consumer products on the planet and Scientific Games is the world’s largest supplier. Our lottery games have been entertaining and thrilling players since 1973. Most importantly our games fund good causes like education, health and welfare, senior citizens, roads, bridges and the environment.
Scientific Games supports lotteries in more than 50 countries by delivering industry leading marketing and insights, unmatched retailer innovation, developing first class mobile-based products and most recently launching our virtual SG Sports betting platform.
We are looking for employees interested in helping Scientific Games strengthen our position as the world’s foremost leader in lottery products and services.
Scientific Games (SG) is a global leader focused on delivering an ever-expanding portfolio of lottery and gaming products and services to the world's government-regulated and government-sponsored entities. Scientific Games' global reach is made possible through the expertise, skill and dedicated efforts of its 8,000+ employees who serve lottery and gaming customers in more than 100+ countries on 6 continents.
- Define and recommend objectives in each of the departmental disciplines. Develop specific short term and long term plans and programs for the departments, as defined above.
- Escalate customer issues as it relates to the Operations, Systems, and Network departments that require additional support and visibility.
- Maintains and understands contractual obligations within their specific jurisdictional location.
- Works with corporate to maintain, extend, and win further contracts within their jurisdiction.
- Designs plans to sell additional hardware/software to their Lottery site as a way to increase revenue for both SG and Lottery jurisdictions.
- Fostering a management relationship with the customer to ensure contract compliance and enhance ways to increase revenue within the state.
- Ability to maintain customer management in accordance with contractual obligations
- Works closely with Government Relations in SG
- Maintains a working relationship with other departments within SG who support and work in tandem with the Lottery jurisdiction.
- Review and understand the deliverables and their timeframes to ensure compliance with delivery timeframes.
- Maintains policies in accordance with corporate guidelines.
- Routinely and proactively communicate with the Operations, Systems, and Network departments regarding service and performance issues.
- Evaluate processes and procedures as relates to the areas of oversight and improve effectiveness and overall impact on our customers.
- Direct oversight of the budget as it relates to their jurisdiction.
- Recommend ways to improve sales for the Lottery to meet their fiscal responsibility.
- Assist executive team with projects outside of the normal scope of duties.
- Ensures employees are following all corporate guidelines.
- Fosters employee relations between the employee and the management team within the site
- Works with Human Resources for any and all employee relations matters
- Complies with all application laws with regards to employee relations.
- Ensures employee relations issues are handled in accordance with company guidelines.
- Enhance professional growth and development through participation in company programs for all departments within their jurisdiction.
- Responsible for profit and loss statements assigned to the departments.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service.
- On Call 24/7 for operational support
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s of Science degree in computer science and/or 5 years of related work experience
Years of Related Experience
- Five years of experience in the gaming industry with strong emphasis on systems hardware and network communications
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships
- Ability to have forward-thinking
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management
- Must have above-average organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Intermediate computer software and hardware technologies (i.e., Microsoft Office Products)
- Ability to quickly learn and understand new technologies
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to lift 30 lbs
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, and stretch at a minimum of 50% of the time for any or all of the movements described.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, use hands, operate a computer, and have specific vision abilities to include close and distance vision, and ability to adjust focus working with computer and business equipment.
Scientific Games Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, “SG”) are engaged in highly regulated gaming and lottery businesses. As a result, certain SG employees may, among other things, be required to obtain a gaming or other license(s), undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts. In order to ensure SG complies with its regulatory and contractual commitments, as a condition to hiring and continuing to employ its employees, SG requires all of its employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles. As a prerequisite to employment with SG (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SG conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law , please click here for EEOC Poster .