Director, Live Services
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Director, Live Services
Los Angeles, CA
As one of the leaders within the gaming industry, PlayStation Studios is focused on how we approach Games-as-a-Service as a part of our strategic outlook for the future. As the Director of Live Services, you will be a senior member and influential driver of this initiative, not only assisting in the creation of the overall strategy but in its execution as well!
As Director, you will manage the design and execution of operational processes that result in high-quality, live services games with robust content plans. Additionally, you will collaborate across and unify multidisciplinary teams as a critical driver in ensuring consistent live service delivery resulting in the best possible player experience. Reporting to the Senior Director of External Development, you will actively partner with global business units and key stakeholders to help define our live service strategy, products, and offerings.
- Lead the coordination of live service product strategy, optimizing plans in order to drive growth and user engagement, deliver on commercial targets and ensure continuous delivery against product goals.
- Educate partners on live service core competencies, requirements, and standard methodologies.
- Work with the Analytics and Consumer Insights teams to provide reporting and data-informed insight to ensure we are identifying the right things that enhance the player experience.
- Coordinate with Managing Producers to supervise and guide activities for both internal and external development resources; advocate for features and process improvements to improve the player experience.
- Coordinate with Brand, Customer Support, and Production teams, as well as external partners to bridge product development and publishing so that live service knowledge is shared and supported.
- Collaborate closely with global partners to understand dependencies, support coordination and lead expectations.
- Gain and maintain strong knowledge of market trends, customer insights, emerging/ground-breaking technologies, and advancement in digital, social, mobile executions across all industries.
- Responsible for contributing to all phases of the production and development process for multiple XDEV products, guiding teams to a successful launch of product.
- Analyze and anticipate project risk and drive mitigation strategies that help remove barriers to timely and cost-effective project completion.
- A minimum of 7-10 years of project management or product development with demonstrated ability shipping successful projects in a AAA studio with live video game content.
- Comfortable communicating and sharing information across a wide array of technical expertise to all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills. Ability to apply creative solutions within business constraints.
- Prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to adapt to changing priorities efficiently and effectively.
- Must have outstanding interpersonal and negotiation skills to handle sophisticated situations and recommended solutions.
- Proactive self-starter, but also a team player. Ability to listen to and understand various viewpoints and help guide diverse global workgroups to common solutions.
- Bias towards data-informed decision-making.
- Knowledgeable of game industry trends and enjoys playing games.
- Fluency in Japanese.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
Generally, We Obtain This Information Through Our Recruiting Team
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories.
Identification and contact information
Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
Professional or job position-related information , including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
Non-public education information , including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.