Director of Player Safety
At Mojang Studios, the creators of Minecraft, we are on a mission to build a better world through the power of play.
Why play? Well, play is at the heart of everything we do. It’s the blocky backbone of our games, the core of our development philosophy, and even the origin of our name. From the relentless experimentation of our endlessly inspiring community to the classrooms where Minecraft has become an essential teaching tool, play is the bedrock of our existence.
We enable millions to create and play together, connect people across the globe, and foster a community that is among the most active and passionate in the world. Our community is global and incredibly diverse. When we are developing anything within our franchise, we keep this in mind. We want everyone to not only feel included in Minecraft, but also to see themselves in what we make. Our goal is for the Mojang Studios team to be as diverse as our community.
Keeping players safe from real-life and online harms is a top priority of Mojang Studios. Players, parents, and the entire Minecraft community trust that Minecraft is the safest place where they can play, connect, and belong. The Minecraft team is looking for a Director of Player Safety to lead our Player Safety program to keep Minecraft best in class when it comes to Player Safety in an increasingly complex digital gaming world.
- Provide thought leadership and clarity of vision, purpose, and strategy for core Minecraft Player Safety engineering and operations initiatives.
- Develop strategic plans to integrate digital safety engineering and operations across the Minecraft portfolio of games and products in collaboration with product leadership and the Microsoft Digital Safety Leadership Team, and peers across company and in the industry, to drive the future of digital gaming safety globally.
- Partner with engineering to define the digital safety technical roadmap via clear business requirements along with expected return on investment.
- Partner closely with the engineering, moderation, and community teams to ensure successful execution.
- Be the voice of Player Safety for Mojang Studios to help inform the rest of the industry and world about the work that Minecraft is doing to keep our players safe and welcomed.
- Experience as a spokesperson representing a team or company to the media
- At least 2+years of experience in digital safety, privacy, or data governance architecture and services.
- 8+ years’ experience in Program Management, driving efforts across multiple disciplines and teams
- Strategic thinker who can drive business needs across multiple groups and independently drive alignment.
In the end, it’s the people of Mojang Studios that make this place truly special. When you join, you’ll find yourself in the company of incredibly bright, warm, and creative individuals - all united and working toward a single goal. Come help us reach it!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.