Director of SEC Reporting
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $86 billion last year to $161 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SKLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of San Francisco Business Times’ Best Places to Work, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, Parity.org’s Best Companies for Women to Advance, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
You are the ultimate people person and can relate to anyone that sits next to you. You enjoy a mission-driven, fast paced environment where you may be juggling multiple tasks at once but always get the job done. You are tech savvy, can identify talent and qualifying candidates who can add value to our already stellar team. You like to learn about different roles and departments within our organization so that you can relate to anyone that interviews with our company.
What We’re Looking For
We are seeking a Director of SEC Reporting to join our Accounting team. This role requires an aptitude for thought leadership who will help build a capable team with responsibility for SEC and oversight of financial reporting standards and technical accounting.
What You Will Do
- Oversee the Company's external financial reporting process, including SEC reporting (Form 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K etc.), compliance and review of the XBRL process, quarterly and annual census reporting, and other financial and governmental statutory reporting as required
- Support the annual audit and quarterly review activities with external auditors as well as testing by internal and external auditors on internal controls
- Ensure the proper implementation of new accounting pronouncements into financial statements
- Ensure compliance with all SEC and GAAP and disclosure requirements
- Participate in the Company's Disclosure Committee and when appropriate Audit and Risk Oversight Committee
- Bachelor or higher degree in accounting or finance
- 15+ years technical accounting and reporting experience
- CPA, or equivalent qualification
- Experience leading both technical accounting and SEC reporting at a public US company
- Technology industry experience preferred
- Can anticipate and surface issues, solve problems and recommend solutions, while exercising good business judgment and risk management
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status.