Director - Platform Experience
Blizzard Entertainment has been rated for several years by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work". We are a community of 4000 global employees who are passionate about not only about gaming, but also the platform and technology that drive player experience. Our goal is to power the underlying epic experiences that our players have enjoyed from our games and experiences.
Our Battle.net organization is home to 300+ super-powered, passionate, crazy-smart engineers, program managers, and designers focused on the technology that powers our games. Whether you’re a first timer or a loyal regular, Battle.net ensures that while playing Activision and Blizzard games, or interacting socially with friends or purchasing from our extensive e-commerce offerings, that our players are immersed in an engaging, exciting, and secure experience that is reliable and scalable.
If you're bright, engaging, eager to learn and ready to make an impact, then we've been looking for you.
We are looking for a talented, passionate, and skilled senior leader to inspire gamers through the creation of the world’s best online game platform which enables them to engage in Blizzard’s legendary fantasy worlds.
Why work on just one game when you can work on all games? The Battle.net group is responsible for several platform products that are not tied to individual games but shared among Blizzard and Activision games present and future. This position will own defining and executing the vision for Blizzard’s developer integration and operation experience across the Battle.net platform. You will interact with product, design, and technical leaders and executive staff for all games and all platform services at Blizzard. Our ideal candidate is a seasoned leader with games-as-a-service product and technology experience and user experience sensibility, specifically aimed at the game developer as a customer. Prior experience managing large, complex, multi-year platform projects, the right balance of technical and soft skills, experience with large scale complex online services, a passion for building great services end-to-end, the organizational skills to drive quality across complex organizations, and the ability to partner with many different types of people.
- Direct multiple teams of engineers and product managers to evaluate and implement platform solutions that simplify and amplify the developer experience to meet the needs of Battle.net, Blizzard, and Activision.
- Scale as a broad leader to guide a group of 20+ architects, product managers, technical leads, and engineers to help design, implement, and maintain Battle.net’s developer tools and services for dozens of integrators.
- Create vision, provide direction, and clearly articulate the value of technology initiatives that improve the developer experience and customer satisfaction.
- Able to split time, effectively managing, developing and mentoring leaders and setting direction while driving alignment.
- Will have end-to-end product and engineering responsibilities for multiple teams.
- Direct interaction with stakeholders and executives, excellent communications skills are a must.
- Forward thinking with focus on multi-year goals for the team and then executing against them, proven experience and decision-making capabilities at this level.
- Ensuring that software is being developed at high quality and meeting the platform tenets.
- Able to manage / motivate the team.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a product and engineering leader at the director level or similar building world class platforms and services
- Experience and passion for building highly parallelized and scalable distributed systems.
- Experience leading other technical and product managers across multiple disciplines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a love for collaboration
- Demonstrated success in building successful engineering teams, strong people, customer and partner relationships
- Be self-driven, and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete data
- Desire to be an expert that others can learn from
- Willingness and experience mentoring others
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Exceptional leadership skills that include, but are not limited to selection, performance management, talent planning, and development and recognition
- Proven record of solving problems, continuously improving systems and processes
- Able to interact with all stakeholders; lead by example
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!