Are you ready to level up your career?
At Scientific Games, we are committed to making the best games, platforms and systems in the world. We are looking for smart, passionate and creative people to join our team and help us transform the gaming world. We are a global, industry-leading gaming technology company that embraces challenge, fosters an inclusive culture, values integrity, innovation and winning, and is committed to developing and supporting its people.
Whether you are a member of our award winning game studios, our industry leading systems group, product management, manufacturing group, services or any of our other amazing Gaming teams, you will be creating compelling games played around the world. We are dedicated to being the industry’s only COMPLETE global solutions provider with products that will enhance the entire gaming operation, both on the casino floor and behind the scenes.
If you are ready to play…Come join us and let’s make games!
Scientific Games (SG) is a global leader focused on delivering an ever-expanding portfolio of lottery and gaming products and services to the world's government-regulated and government-sponsored entities. Scientific Games' global reach is made possible through the expertise, skill and dedicated efforts of its 8,000+ employees who serve lottery and gaming customers in more than 100+ countries on 6 continents.
The Director, Procurement will be responsible to provide leadership and support in the procurement of ~$300M direct material to support SG North America manufacturing. The individual will support and drive material clearance to support the build plan and drive and develop strategic supply chain procurement initiatives. Create purchasing strategies to optimize cross-divisional purchases of professional services, operational goods and services, maintenance supplies along with addressing other indirect shared services requirements as necessary. Evaluate, manage and implement initiatives to optimize performance of Corporate Procurement and the extended procurement staff. Perform analysis of SG expenditures to evaluate total cost of ownership. Maintain a high level of interpersonal and communication skills to promote positive working relationships inside and outside of SG. Will manage a team team of buyers and be responsible for their support and development.
Essential Job Functions
- Effectively manage an organization of category buyers
- Utilize procurement system technologies to reduce the total cost of goods and services.
- Lead business process re-engineering initiatives to increase productivity, quality and effectiveness of procurement.
- Lead cross-functional teams executing strategic sourcing projects.
- Support escalations and part expedite requirements.
- Maintain strong relationships with key vendors and strategic partners to create a highly efficient supply chain
- Work with the planning organization to ensure appropriate material pipeline is supported
- Direct the work of extended procurement staff to improve day-to-day interaction with vendors.
- Drive internal customers to identify and implement business process improvements.
- Conduct business dealings with the highest level of integrity and regard for legal issues.
- Assure internal controls are adequate and followed in order to protect SG assets.
- Ability to travel as necessary
Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or equivalent. Master’s degree
is a plus.
Years Of Related Experience
12+ years of job related work experience in supply chain and team management
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Proven Negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Strong experience with MRP systems, preferably Oracle
- Experience preparing and presenting complex topics to senior executives
- Strategic Thinker, with sound Knowledge of strategic purchasing methods
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Significant experience developing corporate-wide strategic plans
- Experience leading cross-functional business teams
- Experience in inventory management
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- High degree of attention to detail
Scientific Games Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, “SG”) are engaged in highly regulated gaming and lottery businesses. As a result, certain SG employees may, among other things, be required to obtain a gaming or other license(s), undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts. In order to ensure SG complies with its regulatory and contractual commitments, as a condition to hiring and continuing to employ its employees, SG requires all of its employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles. As a prerequisite to employment with SG (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SG conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law , please click here for EEOC Poster .