Pocket Gems seeks to build the greatest mobile games and most compelling interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with, in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009, and it continues to inspire us today. Since then, we’ve grown to over 200 people headquartered in San Francisco, and with $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground in mobile entertainment.
Our products have been downloaded over 500 million times by players around the world and have grossed over $1 billion in revenue. We continue to release brand new content for Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As our community of players continues to grow, we’re committed to building diverse and inclusive environments across our teams, and in our games.
As an Engineering Manager on our team, you will lead, manage, and contribute code with a team of passionate engineers to ship our mobile games, delighting millions of players around the world. You will engage and develop engineers on your team, and guide their efforts as they undertake a wide variety of technical challenges. You’ll also lead the team technically and contribute code on a weekly basis to new features and new projects.
What You’ll Do
- Engage and develop your team of engineers in their skills and careers
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to the team in software engineering best practices
- Balance the technical and product roadmaps within the team
- Code! You’ll design and code innovative, scalable and robust features
- Collaborate closely in small, nimble, cross-functional teams with product managers, artists, and designers
- Participate in all aspects of the project life-cycle, from ideation to specification to release
What You Bring To The Team
- 5+ years of engineering experience, including at least 1 year of relevant engineering team management experience
- Strong team building and empowering skills; you love building scalable and high-performing teams of engineers
- Experience in Objective-C, C++ or Python, as well as Cloud Services, such as AWS or GAE
- Strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, software design and OOP
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Extra Gems For
- A love for mobile development on iOS and/or Android
- Prior entertainment or gaming industry experience (NOT required)
Read more about what we’ve been up to!
- Pocket Gems Blog
At Pocket Gems, we're building teams that value originality, inclusivity, and accountability -- and we hope to engage with talent based on these and other core values. We also offer competitive perks, such as flexible vacation, 401k matching, and a generous benefits package,
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.