Finance Manager, Mobile FP&A
ENTERTAINING IS OUR PASSION
#WeAreEA the world’s leading video game publisher and we exist to inspire the world to play. EA values creativity, pioneering, passion, determination, learning, and teamwork. We mean things like acting with curiosity, speaking up with original ideas, and committing to each other as one team.
We’re looking for all the best kinds of people to make great experiences for our players. The best people want a job that inspires them, while giving them room to enjoy their lives. And we want to give them that. We celebrate diversity and inclusion by creating a place where you can come to work and be yourself.
Our Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team provides strategic and financial partnership to EA’s Leadership team. We achieve this through engaging with our partners to understand our broad strategy, analyzing data, and delivering insights to help drive EA’s performance.
This Finance Manager role is a unique opportunity to be a collaborative partner & trusted advisor to the leadership teams responsible for EA Mobile’s RPG and Shooter studios. These studios develop high priority strategic franchises for EA Mobile, including Star Wars and Battlefield, and require an experienced partner to help drive these businesses forward. Knowledge of the gaming industry, especially free to play business models, advertising and user acquisition are a significant advantage. The position will manage one Financial Analyst and reports to the Director of FP&A.
What You’ll Do
- Effectively develop strong relationships with key leadership to help deliver the long-term strategy
- Monitor the studio P&L and influence investment and product decisions to maximize the health of the business. This includes partnership with various functional owners on live service revenue forecasts, user acquisition plans, and R&D investment decisions.
- Create P&L modeling and evaluate business opportunities in support of new product incubation
- Prepare and hold business reviews for studio leadership teams with clear and actionable presentation materials
Financial Forecasting, Reporting, Analysis and Close
- Manage all quarterly forecasting and monthly reporting activities related to the Studio P&L of assigned studios
- Work closely with studio business partners on developing R&D forecasts. Proactively anticipate and manage risks and opportunities to maintain financial goals.
- Lead long term business planning and modeling with studio leadership.
- Drive insightful analysis to highlight variance drivers and identify opportunities to mitigate risk and improve performance
- Manage all close activities for assigned studios including identifying and preparing accrual and reclass entries in partnership with direct report to ensure precise accounting of known activities
- Partner with FP&A teams from acquired mobile companies on process and business integration.
- Report and analyze the performance of all live games on a weekly and monthly basis
- Structure, build, and maintain complex financial and decision-making models to develop meaningful insights and actionable recommendations.
Drive FP&A Excellence
- Identify and lead initiatives to continuously improve, standardize and automate forecasting and reporting tools and processes.
- Manage and develop one direct report
- Work closely with functional heads to set up and maintain quarterly/monthly/annual financial forecast and report out performance against financial goals
Who You Are
- Highly-motivated, passionate self-starter. A strong bias for action and driving results.
- Ability to handle multiple and competing priorities, and to thrive in a fast-paced environment with high degree of change
- A team player able to work collaboratively, within the group and cross-functionally across business units/functions, as a thought leader, project manager, partner, and effective independent team member
- Ability to recommend, manage and drive projects to successful completion
- Strong business acumen with understanding of functional linkages and ability to build strong professional relationships with business partners in both operational and financial roles
- General interest in gaming, mobile entertainment and/or digital businesses
- Experience working with BI tools and large data sets. Passion for data integrity, process definition and organizational alignment
- Experience with performance management, scorecards, and dashboarding
Preferred Experience And Technical Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA and/or CPA a plus
- Minimum 5 years of related financial experience
- Experience with P&L management, financial modeling, forecasting, reporting and analysis.
- Demonstrated proficiency in accounting and general GAAP knowledge
- Experience with financial forecasting and reporting tools; ideally Anaplan and Power BI.
- People management experience highly preferred, but not required.