Financial Analyst, FP&A
About the job
We are looking for a Financial Analyst to become a vital part of the FP&A team. This position will assist in annual planning, forecasting, performing budget vs. actuals analysis, business partnering, and tracking and benchmarking Key Performance Indicators for the business.
This candidate will partner with business leaders across the company and use acuity to drive business decisions. This role will help to define and deliver metrics, analyses, forecasts, and finance support. A candidate will possess keen critical thinking plus analytical abilities with strong communication and project management skills.
- Be a strategic business partner to executives by providing guidance and insights on department-level and project-level budgets and reporting variance analysis.
- Ensure monthly close package accuracy by reviewing detailed financial entries by working with business partners and accounting.
- Compile monthly budget versus actuals financial package and provide commentary on variances.
- Evaluate existing business processes and provide recommendations for improvement and efficiency.
- Assist in ad hoc projects as needed, including but not limited to the compiling quarterly board deck, etc..
- 1+ years of experience in FP&A, Finance, Accounting, or related quantitative fields.
- BS/BA in Business, Economics, Finance or Accounting.
- Proven track record to work independently and manage day to day projects.
- Understanding of financial and non-financial KPIs for the industry.
- A well-rounded top performer, with a combination of analytical and interpersonal skills; execution-oriented and attention to timelines.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Strong proficiency in Excel is critical.
- Strong passion for technology and entertainment; enthusiasm for Niantic’s products.
- Experience at a high growth start-up, gaming industry, or in the AR/VR sector.
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Build complex financial models and present in a clear and compelling manner to a non-finance audience.
- Experience with working with Adaptive Insights, NetSuite, or similar financial tools.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.