Financial Planning and Analysis Internship
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Epic Games Strategic Finance Team is looking for a smart, creative FP&A Intern to join them in 2022. Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
The Strategic Finance team is responsible for working closely with Epic’s businesses units to create and maintain short- and long-term financial forecasts and reports on performance. These financial forecasts will be underpinned by KPIs and reflect the highly iterative and evolving strategies of the business. Together with business leaders, you will determine business targets to meet our objectives and put in place systems to measure and report on performance. Through analysis and market research you will help prioritize organic and inorganic initiatives and roadmap plans, evaluate its financial and strategic return on investment, prioritize it across the Company’s portfolio of opportunities, help plan resourcing, monitor KPIs to benchmarks and manage the business units’ success. You will align the goals of the organization and provide visibility and transparency to executives on financial performance, KPIs and operating metrics.
- Build short and long-term financial models underpinned by KPIs to support business unit and company strategy
- Partner with business leaders to identify and measure short and long term strategic, financial and operating targets
- Identify, model and present user engagement, adoption and financial implications of business strategy
- Prioritize capital investment and personnel resources across the company
- Drive organic and inorganic growth initiatives through planning, financial modeling, resourcing and managing the initiatives through success
- Support gaming specific M&A diligence efforts and post-acquisition integration efforts
- Develop network of industry contacts, collection of research resources to bring knowledge of market trends, benchmarks and opportunities to bear on strategic decisions
- Have an inherent interest in Financial Planning and Analysis
- Coursework in data analytics, engineering, finance, accounting, economics or pursuing a BBA or MBA
- Experience in technology; prior understanding of gaming, entertainment, and/or software is a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel (complex formulas, vlookups, and pivot tables).
- Strong communications, presentation, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to summarize key financial and operational issues to leadership.
- Ability to effectively build relationships with internal and external partners
- Independent and self-starter who is passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative.
This is a remote, paid internship for2022 with a flexible start date. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic Internships, visitEpicgames.com/students.
This is going to be Epic!
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.