Game Creator Community Director
About the job
As Team Xbox, we are on a mission to bring the joy and community of gaming to everyone on the planet. We deliver on that vision by putting players at the center, enabling you to play the games you want, with the people you want, anywhere you want. The Gaming Ecosystem Organization supports Xbox through our mission to empower game creators to realize their dreams. We are looking for people who believe in our mission and who will grow our culture, bring exceptional skills, and add new perspectives to help strengthen our team.
The Director of Game Developer Community Engagement is a new role designed to run programs that engage and inspire emerging student developers as well as the global game creator community. In this role, you will develop a global engagement strategy and operationalize its execution across partner teams and channels.
As the Director of Game Developer Community Engagement, you are responsible for leading the formation, management, and oversight of dynamic, vibrant Game Creator engagement and content creation programs including the Azure Ambassador Program. You will also partner with teams across Microsoft to weave Gaming into programs such as the Imagine Cup and other opportunities. This role partners closely with the Game Developer Experience team (GDX), Game Industry Vertical (GIV), Marketing and Corporate Communications. This role reports to the Head of Game Creator Ecosystem Engagement within the Gaming Ecosystem Organization at Xbox.
We are looking for a dynamic, creative leader with multiplatform, collaborative experience to help define the programs that best inspire engagement with our ecosystem. We need a highly organized individual who collaborates and communicates well with a wide range of stakeholders and exhibits flexibility and empathy in the process.
- Foster game developer community - Lead the development and implementation of our community engagement strategy, process and programs.
- Drive community contributions content - Set and oversee a community-content pipeline including Ambassadors, in collaboration with partner teams.
- Be a community leader - Act as a champion of game developer successes and milestones across technical, commercial and people developments.
- Fortify community tools & engagement platforms - Partnering with Marketing, Engineering and Design, help design the journey across web, social and other platforms.
- Strong communication skills at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to earn the trust of others and become a valued partner.
- Sound judgment making program management and community health.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- Strong handle on the value and use of style guides and voice principles.
- Experience advocating for content strategy in an environment with competing interests and goals.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to lead complex v-teams.
- Proven cross-group collaboration resulting in comprehensive, integrated, and connected plans.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- 10+ years in community management, digital storytelling and content management.
- University degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field.
- Proven track record delivering results by organizing disparate audiences and programs.
- Proficiency navigating technical content including white papers, docs, samples, case studies etc.
- Ability to establish and drive effective processes across organizational boundaries.
- Game industry experience is preferred.