We build Story Rooms: physical rooms where small groups play interactive games as a team. These rooms are video games made physical, because games are more fun when you're stomping, slamming, cranking, and slapping.
See here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUSCafU3rm4) and here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0lD00YUjI4) for examples on our company's Youtube page.
You'll be helping design new games, prototyping & implementing final interactives in Unity and Python, and sequencing everything into a cohesive story-based experience using show-control tools.
If you love games but wish they could leap off the screen and into the physical world, then join us!
You’ll work closely with our Mad Inventor to:
- Dream up original physical & collaborative game mechanics;
- Quickly prototype games [Unity & Python];
- Program and test production-ready mini-games [Unity & Python];
- Integrate UI elements together with our designer;
- Sequence a show incorporating video, audio, DMX lights, and interactive mini-games [QLab];
- Additional duties as assigned;
- Willing to accept the most effective role;
- 3+ years of professional experience as a Unity developer;
- 2+ completed projects through the entire life cycle;
- Fundamentals of game design;
- Strong knowledge of Unity/C# and moderate knowledge of Python;
- No fear of ssh'ing into a server and working on the command line;
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis;
- Requires regular and predictable attendance;
We generally develop on Mac. It's OK if you're more comfortable on Windows; but do be prepared to type strange things in command shells and ssh into Linux servers.
Extra bonus points
- A weird sense of humor;
- 3D modeling skill;
- Manual skills: woodworking, 3d printing, machining, model building, etc.;
- Shipped games under Unity as part of a small team;
- Strong opinions on what's fun!
We build physical multi-player games at a time when we can't even safely gather to test them. You'll work remotely, but you'll occasionally need to visit our Downtown Los Angeles facility to test games on real hardware. Whenever possible, we'll ensure you have minimal contact with other humans. There will be times when we have to test games together, but always in well-ventilated areas with small groups who take COVID-19 really seriously.
- Occasionally lift and/or move 30lbs;
- Continually required to stand/sit for long periods of time;
- Continually required to talk or hear;
- Frequently required to bend, stretch and twist;
- Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity;
Keywords for searches
- Vue.js, docker, redis
- PLC, Arduino
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.