IGT is the global leader in gaming. We enable players to experience their favorite games across all channels and regulated segments, from Gaming Machines to Lotteries to Interactive. We have a well-established local presence and relationships with governments and regulators in more than 100 countries around the world, and create value by adhering to the highest standards of service, integrity, and responsibility. IGT has over 12,000 employees.
Do you want to bring to market world-class casino games and supporting systems that attain leading positions in the emerging new media markets, take full advantage of the innovative possibilities new technologies present, and work with a team dedicated to helping each other work at their full potential?
You will join a team of like-minded game developers where you will apply your extensive knowledge of mobile web development to build games on a new HTML5 game engine. You will create reusable components and features that add to the existing library of components to build casino and instant win games. In this versatile role, you will make technical and architectural decisions, mentor your teammates with best practices of mobile web development, work closely with different groups such as artists, designers, producers, and backend engineers, maintain code quality, and write clear documentation. Passion, collaboration, and communication skills will be critical as you engage with engineers of varying backgrounds, levels of expertise, and coding philosophies.
- Perform hands-on software design, development and testing
- Build out a modular, reusable, and resilient game engine using test driven development that will be used to make high quality, low footprint performant games.
- Build browser-based games for mobile, tablet, and desktop channels while following the “mobile first” mindset.
- Deliver high quality and structured code compatible with the platform API’s inherent to our system
- Be an engaged domain knowledge expert in mobile web development and show passion for developing others
- Document extensively and maintain clear and frequent communication with others
- Become familiar with our current mobile HTML5 development environment to gain context around our legacy and history of game development
Skills you have:
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Deep knowledge of mobile web development. Preferably you have worked the last 1+ years on HTML mobile games and/or game engine development
- Experience building game engine and tools that were widely used and popular across teams
- Prior experience with Canvas or WebGL renderers and PixiJS
- Passion for architecture, design, and software development
- Outstanding team player who can handle multiple tasks, and show flexibility/attitude to complete projects on time
- Familiarity with Agile and Scrum
IGT is a global company specializing in the design, manufacture, and marketing of electronic casino game equipment and systems products. It has been a global market leader for more than 20 years and has shaped the gaming industry via a unique history of product innovation and market development.
We are focusing on the global development and delivery of online gaming content and systems to PCs, mobile phones and other devices. As new markets open and real money gaming becomes ubiquitous, the market opportunity represented by these products are very significant, as is evidenced by today’s online gaming market size ($25B+) and rapid growth.
IGT interactive will bring to market world class products that attain leading positions in the emerging markets by taking full advantage of the innovative possibilities new technologies present, and leverage the expertise, assets and the resources of its parent company.
IGT’s YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/igt
- Given the current economic and immigration environment, IGT will not sponsor applicants for work visas.