Game Development Manager
WHO WE ARE: Grover Gaming, headquartered in Greenville, North Carolina, is a software design and development company that specializes in electronic gaming throughout the United States and Canada. Having more than 275 employees located in seven states, we are working every day toward building a strong foundation of humble, passionate people, effective processes, and superior products. Our dedication to customer service, adaptability, and a diverse range of products has solidified our position as a global leader in the electronic gaming industry, leading to our second year on Inc. Magazine’s list of fastest growing companies in 2020 at #194. Grover Gaming strives to support local communities and has helped raise over $250 Million for charities through its partnerships in charitable gaming markets.
SUMMARY: The Game Development Manager is responsible for the overall planning, organizing, and execution of all Game Development functions for the company. The Game Development Manager will also be responsible for the constant growth of the Game Development team by providing technical leadership, vision, direction, and mentoring.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Understand company Mission, Vision, and Values and be an ambassador of MVV.
- Meets business needs by managing the activities of developers by consistently delivering quality solutions on-time, within budget, and scope
- Develop project plans, resource planning, scheduling and managing development timelines
- Lead and manage the programming team. Mentor and inspire the engineering team to meet project quality levels and deadlines.
- Review functional and non-functional design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual technical oversight
- Design and develop new features and functions of an application
- Hold code reviews and spend time mentoring other to develop software and lead teams
- Responsible for design reviews, code reviews, and mentoring the software development team
- Manage multiple tasks and responsibilities in high-pressure environment; excelling at pinpointing and resolving problems in early project stages to avoid cost/time expenses
- Provide relevant tools and equipment to enhance productivity
- Facilitate the creation and storage of technical product documentation
- Participate in and responsible for all system architecture design, documentation and implementation
- Interact with cross functional teams while maintaining a high level of professionalism and productivity
- 7+ years’ experience in professional software development
- 3+ years’ experience in game development leadership position
- Experience with Unity in 3D
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong ability to communicate in writing and speaking, as well as good organizational skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience with Unity engine (not just scripting within Unity), e.g. prefabs, 3D assets, etc.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The usual work environment is typical of an office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate with no material or weather-related hazards except those associated with travel.
This Job Description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing Company objectives. The description incorporates the most typical duties performed and covers only the primary functions and responsibilities of the position. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed. The inclusion of those duties would not alter the overall evaluation of this position.