Game Economy Designer
Psyonix is a video game developer best known for Rocket League, the award-winning game that combines soccer, driving, and highly competitive and addictive gameplay. As part of the Epic Games family, we are an industry-leading game studio rooted in a crunch-free philosophy that emphasizes an amazing employee experience, located in the heart of San Diego.
We are looking for a Game Economy Designer to join our team to design and drive monetization strategies, products, and initiatives that deliver real value to players in Rocket League. The role will focus on in-game initiatives to increase revenue and conversion while protecting our player-first values. This will be a hands-on role with lots of time spent communicating with the Analytics team for insights from granular player data and working with design and development to find the best monetization solutions for Rocket League’s players.
In this role you will
- Design in-game item shop strategies, bundles, and monetization-related features appropriate for Rocket League’s unique product and brand
- Propose workable initiatives to analytics, marketing, and development teams that increase revenue while maximizing value for players
- Work with the events and live ops teams to integrate and improve new events with monetization opportunities
- Learn from and integrate analytics recommendations for features and future monetization initiatives
- Monitor trends in the game monetization field to inform industry best practices within Rocket League’s player-first lens
- Curate ongoing products and systems like the in-game store to maintain or improve ARPU and other primary KPIs
What We're Looking For
- 3+ years of experience in game monetization
- Experience building in-game bundles, sales initiatives, and other monetization products
- Thorough knowledge of video games and game economies with deep insight into non-destructive game monetization
- Independent and proactive problem solver
- Strong communication skills, where concise and clear observations and proposals are a norm
- Be a finisher by owning initiatives and seeing them through to completion
Nice To Have Skills
- A veteran Rocket League player that can identify community norms and tolerances with in-game monetization, as well as what is an attractive purchase to the community
- Experience as a system designer, preferably with game economies
- Some scripting experience
- Familiarity with the Unreal Engine
- Some experience interacting with MySQL and databases
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, and 401K.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love we have for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here .